Cannot Update SW on my H9 Max

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Cannot Update SW on my H9 Max

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

There was another user some time ago with a similar experience in Windows. Turns out they entered a wrong Bluetooth pin. Check out this thread, see if it helps: https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/stompboxes/h9-win10-usb-not-connecting

kaiapollo

Issue with H9 Max, just tried to update via Bluetooth from my Iphone and it starts to run, then gets a communication error.  I restarted everything, then tried again, got the same. Then I attempted USB into my computer and Win 10 does not recognize the device, thus it does not show up in the H9 Control sw. Then I tried the direct Upload program, but that also does not communicate with the pedal. Any ideas are welcome, but to me it appears that I am at SW 5.8.5 and nothing new wil be possible. Hoping the hive mind can assist. Oh yeah, I also killed my antivrus sw to ensure that wasnt playing with it.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

If the app does not automatically find the connected devices, you will need to do some trouble shooting to determine whether the problem lies with your H9, with your Windows PC, or with the cable connecting the two.

One sure fire method to narrow down the source of the problem is to try connecting to your H9 with a different cable on the same computer, and if that does not solve the problem, to try connecting it from a different computer, if possible. If the same connectivity issues does not occur on multiple computers, that would suggest that the problem lies with your computer. If your H9 does not appear as a device or has the incorrect device type, try connecting the H9 to a different USB port on your Windows PC, and if you are connecting through a USB hub, try connecting directly to a USB port on your Windows PC.

If your Eventide device does appear in the Device Manager with the correct type, please try closing any digital audio workstation that you may have running on your computer and try disconnecting any other connected Audio MIDI devices from your computer as in rare cases other connected devices can cause driver level communication issues. Also, sometimes just restarting your computer can help.

If the same connectivity issues occur on multiple computers, that would suggest that the problem lies with the pedal. In this case please make sure that you are powering your pedal with the power supply that came with your device as under powering a device with a non-Eventide power supply can cause connectivity issues. If the problem persists, please contact support@eventide.com for further help with the issue.

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Does Direct Updater or Eventide Device Manager recognize your H9 connected via USB cable when you boot your H9 in the UPDATE mode (powering up with the HOTKNOB button pressed)?

kaiapollo
      joecozzi wrote:
      There was another user some time ago with a similar experience in Windows. Turns out they entered a wrong Bluetooth pin. Check out this thread, see if it helps: https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/stompboxes/h9-win10-usb-not-connecting

Bluetooth is working fine for all other matters just not for the sw upload, although it does start clearing space, but then gets a comm error. I can use the app through my phone to access presets, algorithms, make changes, etc. 

kaiapollo

I have tried more than one computer get the same issue with both. Also have tried more than one cable. Sadly, it is looking like it may be the unit itself. I have been using the same power supply for 4 years with this pedal, I have 2 H9’s and using  the GigRig power system using a filtered adapter designed for use with Eventide pedals. Neither of my units will connect to the computer at this time, but they were able to 2 months ago. They both connect to my Iphone via bluetooth and the other unit completed the sw update without issue

joecozzi wrote:
      If the app does not automatically find the connected devices, you will need to do some trouble shooting to determine whether the problem lies with your H9, with your Windows PC, or with the cable connecting the two. One sure fire method to narrow down the source of the problem is to try connecting to your H9 with a different cable on the same computer, and if that does not solve the problem, to try connecting it from a different computer, if possible. If the same connectivity issues does not occur on multiple computers, that would suggest that the problem lies with your computer. If your H9 does not appear as a device or has the incorrect device type, try connecting the H9 to a different USB port on your Windows PC, and if you are connecting through a USB hub, try connecting directly to a USB port on your Windows PC. If your Eventide device does appear in the Device Manager with the correct type, please try closing any digital audio workstation that you may have running on your computer and try disconnecting any other connected Audio MIDI devices from your computer as in rare cases other connected devices can cause driver level communication issues. Also, sometimes just restarting your computer can help. If the same connectivity issues occur on multiple computers, that would suggest that the problem lies with the pedal. In this case please make sure that you are powering your pedal with the power supply that came with your device as under powering a device with a non-Eventide power supply can cause connectivity issues. If the problem persists, please contact support@eventide.com for further help with the issue.

kaiapollo

Well I got excited for a moment, the Direct Update finally recognized the unit. Started update and this happened :

bohan wrote:

Does Direct Updater or Eventide Device Manager recognize your H9 connected via USB cable when you boot your H9 in the UPDATE mode (powering up with the HOTKNOB button pressed)?

kaiapollo

Well I thought that I was going to get lucky with this. In UPDATE Mode it did connect to the Direct Update, but then this happened:

bohan wrote:

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      kaiapollo wrote:

Well I thought that I was going to get lucky with this. In UPDATE Mode it did connect to the Direct Update, but then this happened:

And in normal mode H9 Control still doesn't recognize your H9 via USB? There is another updater software you can try before sending the unit in. Please email support@eventide.com

kaiapollo

Since it failed to load sw now it will not connect even in UPDATE mode

bohan wrote:

kaiapollo wrote:

And in normal mode H9 Control still doesn’t recognize your H9 via USB? There is another updater software you can try before sending the unit in. Please email support@eventide.com

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      kaiapollo wrote:

So you are saying your H9 cannot boot in the normal mode?

H9 Control can only recognize H9 in normal mode. Only Direct Updater/Eventide Device Manager uses the UPDATE mode.

kaiapollo

It will boot into normal mode and operate fine as an effect pedal. It will not connect to the updater or H9 Control via USB. It will connect to my iphone H9 Control via bluetooth, but will not update sw, although I can control parameters with the Bluetooth Iphone Connection. I have absolutely no connection/communication with USB. 

bohan wrote:

kaiapollo wrote:

So you are saying your H9 cannot boot in the normal mode?

H9 Control can only recognize H9 in normal mode. Only Direct Updater/Eventide Device Manager uses the UPDATE mode.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      kaiapollo wrote:

It will boot into normal mode and operate fine as an effect pedal. It will not connect to the updater or H9 Control via USB. It will connect to my iphone H9 Control via bluetooth, but will not update sw, although I can control parameters with the Bluetooth Iphone Connection. I have absolutely no connection/communication with USB. 

OK. Please email support@eventide.com and mention this post thread.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.