Can’t Load Blackhole VST – Fatal Error Message

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Can’t Load Blackhole VST – Fatal Error Message

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      KB67-5
      Participant

I can’t load the Blackhole VST due to a Fatal Error … a screen shot of the error message is attached.

I have contacted support but perhaps someone here has had this problem and can tell me how to fix it on my own.

System specs are:

Windows 10 x64 v1511 – fully up to date – last update was 8/9/16

Reaper x64 v5.22 – latest

iLok License Manager v 3.0.3 – latest

i7-6700K

32Gb RAM

Nothing overclocked.

HELP!

Thanks!

KenB

Bionoid3000
      Participant

I have the same problem in abletone with ultraverb, blackhole, ultrachannel, band delay, but the H910 works proprertly. I thing problem with compatibility the new version the Ilock and plugins version 2.2.2

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        Bionoid3000 wrote:

I have the same problem in abletone with ultraverb, blackhole, ultrachannel, band delay, but the H910 works proprertly. I thing problem with compatibility the new version the Ilock and plugins version 2.2.2

Hi Bionoid3000-

Are all of the plug-ins you mentioned version 2.2.2? What version is H910? What version of iLok License manager are you running?

Additionally, what is your operating system, and are you using 32-bit or 64-bit?

Best,

Tom

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi KenB-

What version of Blackhole are you running?

Thanks,

Tom

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi Guys-

After doing some investigating, this seems to a problem with many iLok based plug-ins, that has come up in the past few days. Can you try the following steps and let me know if it solves your issue?

1) Deactivate all Eventide iLok licenses on your computer using the iLok License Manager. 

2) Reescan for your plugins into your DAW. 

3) The plugin will ask for activation (in the reescan process). Don't activate throught this window. Instead, go back to the iLok license Manager and activate the license there. The activation window in your DAW should go away

4) Repeat step 3 for all of your Eventide plug-ins having this issue.

Let me know if that helps solve your problem.

Best,

Tom

KB67-5
      Participant

@Tom

I’m using Blackhole v2.1.7

KenB

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi KenB-

Did trying the steps I outlined above fix your problem?

Best,

tom

KB67-5
      Participant

I received a reply from iLok to my support ticket. They recommended the following … this is for Windows:

1. Go to Services > Right click PACE License Services > choose Stop to turn the service off

2. Go to Program DataPACEEden > delete or remove all .sbd files

3. Go to Services > Right click PACE License Services > choose Start to turn the service on

I did these 3 steps and then rebooted.

Next I clicked on an iLok protected item that was previously blocked and a window popped up that was titled Updating License Storage.

After that all of my iLok protected items were working.

None of my license uses were incremented as a result of the process.

BINGO!

KenB

KB67-5
      Participant

@Tom

I posted an answer but for some reason it didn’t show up … so here it is again.

I received a reply from iLok ot my support ticket. They recommended the following … this is for Windows.

1. Go to Services > right click PACE License Services > choose Stop to turn the service off

2. Go to Program DataPACEEden > delete or remove all .sbd files

3. Go to Services > right click PACE License Services > choose Start to turn the service on

I did these 3 steps and rebooted.

Next I clicked on an iLok protected item that was previously blocked and a window popped up that was titled Updating License Storage.

After that all of my iLok protected items were working.

None of my license uses were incremented as a result of the process.

BINGO!

KenB

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

KenB-

Glad to hear you got it working.

For any other users that have experienced this issue, there is now a fix that has been published. Please do the following to resolve the issue:

1) Run the iLok License Manager. You will see a progress bar as the local license database is being updated. Wait until the progress bar is done before quitting the iLok License Manager. 

2) Open your DAW as normal

— or —

1) Open your DAW.

2) Your DAW should run the activation experience as it tries to scan your plug-ins. You will see a progress bar as the local license database is being updated.

Best,

Tom

atk.io

I have the same problem with UltraReverb, I can not make it load in any of my projects (both in ableton and reaper). when ever I open a project I get the message that the plugin can not be found, I can put a new instance of it and save, but then loading the project again, same message.

I have tried uninstalling reinstalling deactivating reactivating in all different permutations…. I have also tried the solution mentioned before (deleting the pace file) but alas, nothing is working!!!!!! this is getting too much for me! every project I ever did has atleast one ultrareverb on it, and I have a lot of work to do!!!! Please help!!!!

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        atk.io wrote:

I have the same problem with UltraReverb, I can not make it load in any of my projects (both in ableton and reaper). when ever I open a project I get the message that the plugin can not be found, I can put a new instance of it and save, but then loading the project again, same message.

I have tried uninstalling reinstalling deactivating reactivating in all different permutations…. I have also tried the solution mentioned before (deleting the pace file) but alas, nothing is working!!!!!! this is getting too much for me! every project I ever did has atleast one ultrareverb on it, and I have a lot of work to do!!!! Please help!!!!

Hi atk.io-

Is the message you're getting that UltraReverb cannot be loaded, or that it cannot be found? What operating system are you using, and are you using host based licensing, or an iLok dongle? Did you install or update any other software recently?

Two things to try: make sure you have the lates version of UltraReverb (https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/plugins/reverb/ultrareverb), and iLok License Manager (http://ilok.com). Additionally, did you try the steps that I outlined in my last post? Is your computer connected to the internet?

Let me know,

Tom

atk.io
        TLongabaugh wrote:

Hi atk.io-

Is the message you’re getting that UltraReverb cannot be loaded, or that it cannot be found? What operating system are you using, and are you using host based licensing, or an iLok dongle? Did you install or update any other software recently?

Two things to try: make sure you have the lates version of UltraReverb (https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/plugins/reverb/ultrareverb), and iLok License Manager (http://ilok.com). Additionally, did you try the steps that I outlined in my last post? Is your computer connected to the internet?

Let me know,

Tom

Hello tom

Yes my post was lacking many details, but that’s because I already gave all these detials in the three contact forms I have sent to support…. but lets not point fingers here the important thing is that we are here now and we will solve my problem! yey

to answer your qustions- live says can not be plugin can not be found, I am useing windows 10, with ilok License Manager, this whole mess started after I installed Zynaptiq Adaptiverb which I immediately erased. I have all the last versions of all programs, I have tried every solution mentioned i this thread, my computer is connected to the internet. 

Thank you

Ofer

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi Ofer-

Sorry about that, our regular support tech is on vacation this week and we've been trying to keep up. I found your support ticket though, I'll email you there in a sec.

-Tom

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

If anyone has a similar issue to atk.io's, where following the above steps does not solve the problem, please email support@eventide.com referencing this post, and ask to have it referred to me.

-Tom

thatmozzie
      Participant

Wow this is frustrating, you’d think plugins that cost over $400 dollars would run seamlessly.

I’m using a macbook pro, and i’m trying to activate these plugins and none of the solutions above are working. Maybe its due to being a mac, or the fact that this thread is so old, but in any case someone should have posted both windows and a mac solution.

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff

Hi,

Please email support@eventide.com with the following and we will try and assist you further.

• Your OS / DAW versions
        • Your iLok account name
        • Which plugin(s) you are experiencing errors with
        • A short description of the issue and error messages you are seeing

-Tom

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.