Can’t purchase algorithms through paypal through H9 Control

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Can’t purchase algorithms through paypal through H9 Control

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      maver85
      Participant

So I managed to make a purchase and sync the algorithms to my H9.

To those who come across the same issue, follow these steps:

1) In the paypal window, right click and select properties.

2) Copy the URL of the page

3) Paste the URL into a new browser window.

4) Complete PayPal transaction

5) In the H9 Control, in Settings, click on Restore Purchases.

After this, the new algorithms are available in your H9 control. 

Eventide: please look into this. I think the issue is that the H9 Control app is using InternetExplorer11 by default on Windows 10. I added the paypal page as favorite and was only managed to access it from IE11. I tried disabling IE11 in the features, but that didn’t do anything.

So I still can’t make purchases inside the app.

maver85
      Participant

Hi,

When I try to checkout, I get the following error from paypal (see attached).

I’m on WIndows 10 and have the latest Chrome browser and make purchases with paypal regularely.

Thank you.

gkellum
      Participant

We looked into this problem.  Yes, H9 Control is using Internet Explorer as the embedded browser on Windows 10.  Apparently, you can fix this problem by just opening Internet Explorer 11 and acccepting its default security settings.  Then H9 Control will be able to connect to PayPal without any problems.

kisscolin

I am having the same issues as above when trying to purchase aditional algorithm 

Looks like you’re using an older version of the browser. To check out with PayPal, please upgrade to the latest version.

I have updated my E.11 browser and restored security settings and restarted computer but still cannot make the purchase! Help please

gkellum
      Participant

Ok, it sounds like we might have to come up with another solution.

But just to be sure, you are certain that it's Internet Explorer 11 that you opened?  Microsoft bundles a browser with Windows 10 called Edge which has a big e icon that looks a lot like Internet Explorer's icon, but it's a different browser.  On more recent versions of Windows 10 you might actually have to download and install Internet Explorer as it's not installed by default.  You can be sure its Internet Explorer by clicking on the settings wheel in the upper right hand corner of the screen and going to About.

richyb636

Hi, is there any progress on this? I’m trying to purchase an algorithm on my desktop H9 Control but Paypal say I’m using an older version of the browser.
      I’m using Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 11 and it’s all up to date.

I could use my IPhone H9 app to purchase but I begrudge paying £5 more every time!

Help please.
      Rich

gkellum
        Participant
        richyb636 wrote:
        Hi, is there any progress on this? I’m trying to purchase an algorithm on my desktop H9 Control but Paypal say I’m using an older version of the browser. I’m using Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 11 and it’s all up to date.

I've been waiting for someone to verify for us that they're sure they actually opened up Internet Explorer 11 and not Microsoft's other browser, Edge.  Internet Explorer 11 doesn't even come installed on more recent versions of Windows 10.

richyb636

I can confirm I am using Windows 7 with I.E. 11.
      I have tried all of PayPal’s recommendations to update and ticked the ‘Use TLS 1.2’ box in Advanced Internet Options.

None of this worked.

Rich

gkellum
      Participant

Ok, thank you for confirming that.  Unfortunately, that means we'll likely have to integrate a new browser into H9 Control on Windows which will be time consuming.

richyb636

I’ve also tried it on my laptop which has Windows 10 and the Edge browser.
      This doesn’t work either!!

Come on Eventide, I want to spend my money!!
      (Been thinking about a Helix!!)

Rich

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        richyb636 wrote:
        I’ve also tried it on my laptop which has Windows 10 and the Edge browser. This doesn’t work either!! Come on Eventide, I want to spend my money!! (Been thinking about a Helix!!) Rich

Have you ever tried using your phone to purchase the algorithm, through Google Play or iTunes?

richyb636
        bohan wrote:
        richyb636 wrote:
        I’ve also tried it on my laptop which has Windows 10 and the Edge browser. This doesn’t work either!! Come on Eventide, I want to spend my money!! (Been thinking about a Helix!!) Rich

Have you ever tried using your phone to purchase the algorithm, through Google Play or iTunes?

Hi, I have the H9 iOS app on my iPhone but I haven’t tried buying through it as the price is £19.99.
        When you pay through Paypal it’s $19.99 , a difference of £5 per algorithm!
        Not much I know, but if buying multiple algorithms it would soon rack up a fair amount.

Dialect
      Participant

I am on a Mac.  The checkout button in the Control app just brings me to a page asking me to upgrade my browser to a TLS 1.2 version.  If Internet Explorer is the app’s browser, how can I get around this issue on Mac?  I do not have an iOS device to try it on either.

gkellum
        Participant
        Dialect wrote:

I am on a Mac.  The checkout button in the Control app just brings me to a page asking me to upgrade my browser to a TLS 1.2 version.  If Internet Explorer is the app's browser, how can I get around this issue on Mac?  I do not have an iOS device to try it on either.

Internet Explorer is the app's browser on Windows but not on Mac; on Mac it uses Safari.  What version of macOS are you using?

We also support buying algorithms on Android devices if that helps.

Dialect
      Participant

OSX 10.9.5

Safari 9.0

Dialect
      Participant

All of my desktop browsers open paypal fine… I will just get the Android app for now.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.