Can’t set Q-Wah completely off with expression pedal controlling intensity

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Can’t set Q-Wah completely off with expression pedal controlling intensity

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      axman53
      Participant

I have the exp pedal set to control intensity on the Q-Wah, with the Q-Wah set up like a touch wah, where the wah is affected by the envelope. With the exp pedal set to 0, the touch wah effect is still evident instead of it being shut off completely. Any chance you could look at fixing this for this next major release? Thanks.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi axman53,

The Intensity sets the Q (resonance) of the Wah filter.  What you want to do is assign the expression pedal to the Speed knob.  You will need to unassign it to the Intensity as well.  When you set the waveform to envelope, this Speed knob becomes SENS, which adjusts how sensitive to input the envelope follower is.  At SENS of 0 the touch wah effect you want should be shut off.  You should experiment though to see what maximum value of SENS works best for your setup.  

So basically there is no bug.  I believe the MF is already capable of doing what you want. 

-Russ

axman53
      Participant

Thanks for the reply. I first UNassigned the exp pedal from Intensity. With the exp pedal assigned to NOTHING I find that the exp pedal still has an effect on the touch wah setup, my best description is that it affects the volume around maybe 15% or so. Then I assigned the exp pedal to Speed. It affects speed but does not disengage the wah sound at any setting. I'm looking for a way to defeat the touch wah completely with the exp pedal. Further ideas?

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Can you describe exactly what your settings are for all knobs.  Also, What are the heel and toe values for the expression pedal? 

axman53
      Participant

INT: 99; TYPE: WAHWAH; DEPTH: 65; SPEED: 51; SHAPE: ENVELOPE; XKNOB: 38; DMOD: 0; SMOD: 0; MOD RATE: 0.12; MOD SOURCE: SINE

Currently I don't have the exp pedal assigned to anything. As I said previously, assigning it to Speed did affect the speed but did not defeat the effect in any position. When I tested that, Heel was set to 0 and toe was set to around 65. Thanks.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Do you want to loose the touch sensitivity  and not hear the WAH filter modulate? Or do you actually hear a completely bypassed sound?  Setting the SENS to 0 on the speed knob will stop the movement of the filter, but will not bypass the filtering.  The WAH is a bandpass filter that starts at BASE on the xknob and moves by the DEPTH  amount.  So, even if you don't move it, it's still a bandpass at BASE.  The only way to bypass the effect completely is with the footswitch. 

axman53
      Participant

OK, that answers my question, quite thoroughly I might add! Thanks. I really wanted to be able to bypass completely with the exp pedal but I understand now that the bandpass effect cannot be disabled that way.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.