Challange for the Experts: My Pitch and Mod Factors are clipping

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Challange for the Experts: My Pitch and Mod Factors are clipping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      GVS

This is a challange for the super experts. Both my PitchFactor and my ModFactor are snapping/popping/clipping when the pedal is engaged. It does not occur with every preset, but appears to be restricted to certain patches like  Rotary/ Vibrato in the ModFact and H910/H947 in the PitchFactor.

Does anyone have a clue about the problem?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If they are both doing it, is is possible that the fault is not with the units.

Are you using a common power supply ? If so, try the ones that came with the pedals.

When you get this noise, try disconnecting the inputs to see if it is coming from somewhere else.

GVS

I am using Eventide’s original power source. The poppings stop if I take the Factors out of the pedal chain. No doubt the source of the noise are the pedals.  

GVS

I have isolated any external factors that could be the source of the snappings. Replaced cabels, amps, guitar, amp loops, power source…you name it. If the pedal is engaged, the snappings are there. If the pedal is off the system, the snappings disappear.  Rest assure that the source of the noise is unquestianably the pedal. 

I will need to ask now the following: could it be any malfunction of the processor/chip? Overheating maybe? Have Eventide products shown these noises in the past?

Much appreaciated Nick.

camn
      Participant

I love a challenge.

I need to know your full setup, and I need a recording of the sound. Video is best.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      GVS wrote:

I am using Eventide's original power source. The poppings stop if I take the Factors out of the pedal chain. No doubt the source of the noise are the pedals.  

You volunteer little information. Are the pedals fed by a guitar, or in an effects loops ?

Otherwise, support@eventide.com

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.