Communications problems with brand-new H9

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Communications problems with brand-new H9

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      rosensta
      Participant

Just got a new H9, got it connected via Bluetooth to my iPad3.  First thing: "There is a newer version of the OS available for your H9" so I try to install it, but every time, I get the same error message after it reached about 85% completion: "An error occurred while communicating with the H9 device <H9-03213>

An unknown error occurred while communicating with the stompbox."

The iPad and the H9 are connected via Bluetooth, and are about 1 foot apart from one another.  It does not make a difference which of the two OS updates I can install (the current OS or the new one) they both end up hung.  I've tried it six times already.

Any help would be much appreciated!  Thanks.

gkellum
      Participant

Would you mind copying and pasting your post into an email to support@eventide.com?  Sometimes when people have updating problems, we need to send them special tools via email, and so, it would be helpful for us to have your email address…

rosensta
      Participant

Okay sent

gkellum
      Participant

Great thanks.  Our guy who handles those emails won't be in until the morning.  One thing that you could try now if you have a Mac or a PC would be installing H9 Control on your Mac or PC and trying to update your H9 via USB instead of via Bluetooth.  Another thing I should mention is that a fair number of updating problems are linked to the power supply.  Please make sure you are using the Eventide power supply while updating. 

rosensta
      Participant

Okay, tried it on Mac using a Mini USB cable, and I got the same error.  I'm thinking something is wrong with this H9.  And I definitely only used the Eventide power supply…the other ones I have don't fit its jack anyway.

gkellum
      Participant

rosensta:

Okay, tried it on Mac using a Mini USB cable, and I got the same error.  I'm thinking something is wrong with this H9.  

It's possible.  It could be that it has a bad flash.  We'll get in touch with you via email about it.  Sorry for the hassle, but we'll get this worked out.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.