Compressor no info page?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Compressor no info page?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      bucketbot
      Participant

There is no information displayed on the info page in the iPad H9 control app for the new compressor algorithm?

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Hi,

Have you downloaded the Latest H9 Control app from either the App Store for iOS or direct from Eventide https://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Stompboxes/H9.aspx for the Mac / Windows versions?

once you have downloaded the editor, you will have to also upgrade the firmware of the H9 from within the H9 Control App.

to do this connect the H9 to the device with the latest version of H9 control installed.

Start H9 control.

select the "Pedal" button on the bottom toolbar, then "Update Stompbox's Software"

Once both the pedal and the control app are updated you should be able to see EQ Compressor as purchasable option (for free at the moment)

hope that helps 

bucketbot
      Participant

Yep, tried that with both the PC & ipad versions. same result. :/

bucketbot
      Participant

Maybe you misunderstood me, I have downloaded the algorithm & its there & is usable. My question is that when you click the info tab nothing comes up apart from a blank page. 

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

ahhhh with you now, sorry i did misunderstand you.

reproduced the same issue here on my Mac and iPhone … both running 1.5.2 with H9_4.8.0[1]

looks like bug to me

JCR
      Participant

I have found a solution for missing help page in the Windows version of H9 Control. If you go to X:Program FilesEventideH9 ControlHelpCompressor EQ.html and rename (or copy and rename) that file to "EQ Compressor.html" then you have your help shown.

I don't have a fix for the iOS version though…

bucketbot
      Participant

Nice One, Cool

No doubt something similar in the ios version but guess the Eventide Guys will need to tweak that one.

One of the downsides of a bloody iPad is you cant get to anything! Hmm

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Cool!

Thanks… on a Mac you can fix it by CRTL+Clicking on the H9 Control application …

Select  “Show Package contents"

then navigate to Contents/Resources/Help” then rename the .html file as above.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

bucketbot:

One of the downsides of a bloody iPad is you cant get to anything! Hmm

One of the upsides is that neither can anyone else … i.e. virus / trojan writers the lovely little people they are.Devil

But I do take your point.

openmusic
      Participant
      badmelonfarmer wrote:

Cool!

Thanks… on a Mac you can fix it by CRTL+Clicking on the H9 Control application …

Select  “Show Package contents”

then navigate to Contents/Resources/Help” then rename the .html file as above.

Hi, is it possible to alter the contents of the package eliminating the presets I never use? Or even the folder of an entire algorithm and its presets, for example: as I never use EQ my idea was to keep Control interface as clean as possible, i.e. by eliminating the entire contents and folder EQ Compressor that will not show. I can always keep a copy of the original H9 control and replace the altered version, but I don’t want to mess up with the software if that will cause any problem. Assuming this could be done I guess there is no way to do the same thing on IOS? Thanks a lot for any help on these!!

gkellum
      Participant
      openmusic wrote:

Hi, is it possible to alter the contents of the package eliminating the presets I never use? Or even the folder of an entire algorithm and its presets, for example: as I never use EQ my idea was to keep Control interface as clean as possible, i.e. by eliminating the entire contents and folder EQ Compressor that will not show. 

You could delete individual presets from a folder but you shouldn't delete the entire folder and you should leave at least one factory preset in each folder.  If for some reason this causes any problems, you can just reinstall the app.

And you're right; this approach won't work on iOS.

Also, there's no way to hide altogether algorithms you don't use but there are sorting options to move them to the bottom of the list.  For the algorithm screen for example there's a sorting option under Settings, and if you set that to 'By Use', it will sort the algorithms to the top that you use most often. For the preset screen you just click the label above the presets to cycle through the sorting options.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.