Condenser Mic > XLR input > 1/4 amp out > guitar amp?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Condenser Mic > XLR input > 1/4 amp out > guitar amp?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      bmnn

Hi there,

Trying to make sense of the various routing capabilities of MXLNK. I'd like to connect a mic (phantom powered condenser) to the "MIC / LINE IN" XLR input, then pick on some effects via an H9 stompbox through the effects loop of MXLNK on the fly and then send it all out to a guitar amp which is connected with a 1/4 jack on the "TO AMP" output. Will that work? Or does microphone input only leave through the "DI / LINE OUT"?

Thanks

Michael

JWaltz
      Participant

hi Michael

What you describe will work.

DI/LINE out is copy of the AMP Out, but is fixed at a DI or LINE level, so the Output Level 

control that sets the level for Amp Out and headphones has no effect on the DI/LINE OUT level.

joe waltz

eventide

bmnn

Thanks Joe!

I was not able to extract that information from the various routing diagrams on the webpage as there's either a mic connected and the di/line out, or a mic and an instrument connected – but then going out through both amp and di/line outs.

Now that makes sense. Way easier using MixingLink than the AUX send of a mixing console then. Saves two DI boxes I guess.

Michael

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.