Confused re algorithm transfers on sale of unit

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Confused re algorithm transfers on sale of unit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      timmyo

I was about to buy a secondhand H9 Standard, but then I read this FAQ : https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/faq/if-i-sell-h9-can-i-transfer-algorithms-i-bought-h9

Does this mean that any used H9 Standard reverts to being empty when sold on as the algorithms remain with the original user?

thanks for any help

Tim

gkellum
      Participant
      Yes, this is the way that any in app purchase works that uses iOS in app purchasing.  Your purchases stay with your account not with the device.  So, this is the model that we had to adopt as well.

timmyo
        gkellum wrote:

Yes, this is the way that any in app purchase works that uses iOS in app purchasing.  Your purchases stay with your account not with the device.  So, this is the model that we had to adopt as well.

Thanks, but that’s what confuses me – I don’t understand how a unit purchased out of the box as a Standard means that someone’s iTunes account has any bearing on the algorithms that were in the unit when it was unpacked… ?

gkellum
        Participant
        TimmyO wrote:

Thanks, but that's what confuses me – I don't understand how a unit purchased out of the box as a Standard means that someone's iTunes account has any bearing on the algorithms that were in the unit when it was unpacked… ?

I think we're misunderstanding each other.  If you buy an H9 Standard, it remains an H9 Standard after you sell it to someone else.  They'll get all of the H9 Standard algorithms, which include H910/H949, Crystals, Chorus, TremoloPan, Shimmer, Hall, Tape Echo, Vintage Delay, and UltraTap.  Any additional algorithms you might buy for your H9 though are tied to your Eventide account and not to your H9 itself.

timmyo

Thank you. That makes perfect sense and was how I I expected it would work.

I think maybe the wording in the FAQ is confusing then as it says ‘no’ to transferring algorithms “…that I bought with the H9”

(or maybe I’m just being especially slow today!)

Thanks for the help

Tim

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.