Home Forums Products Stompboxes connect from MacOS to H9 via midi

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      kenhan
      Participant

Hello,

My bluetooth connection is a bit hit and miss so I wanted to connect to H9 (v. 5.4) from MacOS via midi.

I have Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 connected to my MacBook Air. I have midi cable plugged into midi out on the 6i6 into midi in on H9. When I launch H9 Control on my Mac I choose the Device not found! window with three options, Use app in demo mode, Show help in connecting, and Manually selelct a device. I choose Manually select a device, then Connect via MID, then a windo opens with 2 pull down menus next to MIDI Input and Midi Output. I choose Scarlett 6i6 USB from the MIDI Input menu, then H9 Control from the MIDI output pull down menu. Now I press connect, and nothing happens. When I press OK I get:

Communication error!

An error occurred while communicating with the H9 device <>.

The stompbox is not responding. Please verify that it is still connected. (Error code MessageConstants::sm_response_timeout)

Error code [sm_response_timeout]

When I dismiss this window, I see

Failed to retrieve stompbox protocol!

Your stompbox is not responding to requests for its communication protocol. Please try power cycling…

I have done the power cycle, and still no success. So what am I doing wrong?

By the way, when I launch Audio Midi Setup / MIDI Studio, I don’t see H9.

Help please. Thanks.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I've actually never heard of anyone using H9Control over MIDI (note – our H9Control team are away this week). For these reasons, there are limits to our knowldge.

Have you considered using USB ?

kenhan
      Participant

Yes, USB works. But it looks like connecting through midi should be possible, and since I have a long midi cable to reach my pedal board from my computer but not long enough USB cable I’d like to pursue this. Thanks for the reply. I’ll wait until your team comes back and weigh in.

tracycarroll

Has there been any further response from Eventide Staff regarding the resolution of this question?   

Is MIDI available as a control channel?

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        tracycarroll wrote:

Has there been any further response from Eventide Staff regarding the resolution of this question?   

Is MIDI available as a control channel?

Humble apologies for the slight delay in replying.

The answer is that you can use DIN MIDI with H9control .

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.