Connecting H9 with other pedals

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Connecting H9 with other pedals

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Euripides

Hi,

I’ve recently purchased an H9 Core and I have a couple of questions. First and foremost, how could I connect my H9 with the rest of my pedals? The FX loop chain consists of a Time Factor and a Strymon Big Sky. What would be the most effective way to connect the H9 via my audio / loop switcher in order to get a clear signal?

Ona  side note, I was also wondering whether with the H9 Core I can buy as many algorithms I like / want or if there’s any sort of restriction regarding this.

Thanks,

Euripides

gkellum
      Participant

Are you asking about where you should place the H9 in your pedal chain? That depends partly on what sort of algorithms you want to run on it. You might want to put pitch effects at the front of the chain whereas reverbs would normally go at the end. The H9 has a pre post function where you can use its two inputs and outputs to place it at two different positions in your chain as well.

There aren’t any limits on algorithm purchases with the H9. There’s enough space on your Core to hold all of the algorithms at once.

Euripides

Thank you very much for your reply,

Ideally I’d want to use both reverb and pitch effects and this would be used via an audio / loop switcher along with the Time Factor and Big Sky in the FX loop of the amp. Does the two input aspect mean I could use it both in front of the amp AND in the FX loop?

Thank you

gkellum
        Participant
        Euripides wrote:

Does the two input aspect mean I could use it both in front of the amp AND in the FX loop?

Yes, but this may create ground loops in some set-ups which will cause an unpleasant hum.  

Euripides

I can’t test it right now as I’m still waiting for it to come through customs but to be honest I was hoping I could use it for both the modulation / pitch effects as well as the more time based (delay / reverb effects). I’ve watched some videos which actually convinced me to get the H9 (namely the Pete Thorn and Rob Chapman videos) in which they use both and they don’t mention using it both in front and in the FX loop and it sounds sublime. I’m hoping that there won’t be any ground issues and that my switcher will take care of that. Just in case, however, how do you think I should tackle this issue should it rise? Should I use them all via the FX loop to avoid it or should I do something different?

gkellum
        Participant
        Euripides wrote:

Just in case, however, how do you think I should tackle this issue should it rise? Should I use them all via the FX loop to avoid it or should I do something different?

Well, I'd probably arrange things as I'd ideally want them and see if any problems arise.  But it could be you might need to try a few different permutations out just to be sure how you'd ideally want things anyway.

In any case we assembled a lot of information about the Pre / Post functionality in this help video:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/setting-prepost-routing-options-h9

But as you mentioned, people were able to make good use of all the effects in the H9 before the pre / post feature, and maybe, you won't need or want that extra complexity.

Euripides

That sounds perfect, I’m sure I could make great use of that. One last question would be, how would I connect via both inputs/ outputs on my switcher? I know this could well be outside your area of expertise but for some reason I can’t reach or get hold of anyone from the company that makes them!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.