Connecting two H9’s stereo or mono?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Connecting two H9’s stereo or mono?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      metallum
      Participant

Hello!

I’m an owner of 4H9’s for a while…recently I have splitted my setup in half. My audio path is mono (bass amp)

I have read somewhere that its good to connect 2 units in stereo . First H9 input mono than output stereo to second H9 and output mono…to an amp.

Do I have to change routing setup in preferences? Please advice me..

Thank You

gkellum
      Participant

No, you don't need to change the routing setup in preferences.  The H9 knows which jacks are connected and does the right thing.

metallum
      Participant

Thank You:)

mistercharlie
      Participant

Is there any advantage to using a stereo connection between the H9s, if the overall signal chain is mono?

i.e mono inmono out

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        mistercharlie wrote:
        Is there any advantage to using a stereo connection between the H9s, if the overall signal chain is mono?

Let's say if you have a stereo delay algorithm on the first H9 and a pitch-shift on the second H9. If you want to hear two delay lines with different pitches, you can achieve that by using a stereo connection between the H9s.

It's not a good example though since you can use one pitch algorithm to do what I described above…But I guess there are other cases. It just depends on what sound you need.

brock
        Participant
        bohan wrote:
        … It’s not a good example though since you can use one pitch algorithm to do what I described above…But I guess there are other cases. It just depends on what sound you need.

Here are a few more, off the top of my head.  TremoloPan in the 1st H9 (WIDTH set to max), to most any pitch shift algo in the 2nd one.  Tremolo ‘trill’ harmonies with 1 – 4 additional pitches (parallel, or constrained to scale).  Split the mono Looper up by dynamics, with some DynaVerb OMNIPRESSOR processing.

Or Sculpt‘s ‘spectral panning’ in the 1st H9, followed by Phaser BIPHAZ as TYPE, or DualVerb independent processing.  Crazy-cool stuff you can do with 2 or more H9s, plus the stereo algorithms.  It doesn’t matter if you start out before & after the H9s in serial / mono.  All of the stereo processing takes place in the ‘parallel split’ between the H9s, and that can get summed back to mono post-H9.

brock
      Participant

I can’t believe that I left the HarPeggiator out of my examples above.  It’s virtually a multi-FX box in itself, and it’s a perfect fit for ‘series-parallel’ routings with a couple of H9s.  Depending on whether it’s configured as a slicer, pitch sequencer, filter FX, or whatever, the placement can be either 1st H9 or 2nd H9 (or both!!! ).

mistercharlie
        Participant
        brock wrote:

I can’t believe that I left the HarPeggiator out of my examples above.  It’s virtually a multi-FX box in itself, and it’s a perfect fit for ‘series-parallel’ routings with a couple of H9s.  Depending on whether it’s configured as a slicer, pitch sequencer, filter FX, or whatever, the placement can be either 1st H9 or 2nd H9 (or both!!! ).

That sounds like you’d be crossing the streams!

Thanks for these fantastic answers.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.