Connecting via iOS devices (problem with iPhone 7+)

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Connecting via iOS devices (problem with iPhone 7+)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      bengersfood
      Participant

I can connect with my iPad Air but not with my iPhone 7+

With the phone i get an “accessory not supported” message. At the second attempt the phone ssems to connect, but the H9 Control app does not “see” the pedal. I am happy using the iPad, but sometimes it would be useful to be able to use the phone. Any advice?

baron58
      Participant
      bengersfood wrote:

I can connect with my iPad Air but not with my iPhone 7+

With the phone i get an “accessory not supported” message. At the second attempt the phone ssems to connect, but the H9 Control app does not “see” the pedal. I am happy using the iPad, but sometimes it would be useful to be able to use the phone. Any advice?

99.999% of the time that you have blue tooth issues. Reboot your iPhone. I reboot all my iOS devices once a week to minimize issues like this. But when they do happen. I reboot and all is well. BTW I have a iPhone 7 and it works fine with the H9. There is no iPhone 7+ out.

bengersfood
        Participant
        baron58 wrote:
        99.999% of the time that you have blue tooth issues. Reboot your iPhone.

Thank you! I will try doing this and report back

bengersfood
      Participant

Thanks again. Worked a treat.

baron58
      Participant

Glad that worked. Blue Tooth has always been a buggy platform In almost all products I have ever used/seen.

bengersfood
      Participant

Sad to say that Blutooth connection on my iPhone is so unreliable it’s not really worth conisidering at the moment. It breaks two or three times a day. No idea why. It’s a pity as it would have been of real use when my iPad was tied up with other musical duties.

The iPhone “seems” to pair, but then at least half the time the H9 app states that there’s no pedal recognised.

Pairing on the iPad is fine.

baron58
      Participant

Sometimes certian apps cause issues on IOS devices. Would be really hard to say which one. 

bengersfood
      Participant

Quite possibly. Also my iPhone has to do Bluetooth duty with my Pebble and occasionally a pair of headphones, so presumably there is plenty of potential there for stuff to get confused.

bengersfood
      Participant

One other question to anyone who might know the answer.
      Would the way that the iPhone picks up the Bluetooth connection be affected by how I broke the Bluetooth connection on the iPad beforehand?
      In other words, I can choose “disconnect” in the iPad’s system menu or I can just quit the H9 app and turn the pedal off. Will the latter choice make a different device have a harder time picking the connection up?

gkellum
        Participant
        bengersfood wrote:
        One other question to anyone who might know the answer. Would the way that the iPhone picks up the Bluetooth connection be affected by how I broke the Bluetooth connection on the iPad beforehand? In other words, I can choose "disconnect" in the iPad's system menu or I can just quit the H9 app and turn the pedal off. Will the latter choice make a different device have a harder time picking the connection up?

No, I don't think turning the H9 off will make it harder to connect to with another device, but what I personally do when I want to switch from one iOS device to another is I press the X, Y, and Z switches simultaneously on the H9 twice.  Pressing these switches toggles Bluetooth off and on, and it usually works fine to do that to break an existing connection.  I also do that if I'm having trouble connecting to an iOS device as a first step.  As a second step I might reset the H9's system settings by restarting it with the right footswitch and HOTKNOB switch pressed (the one in the upper left hand corner of the H9).  That takes care of any pairing problem I might run into 95% of the time.

bengersfood
      Participant

Thank you. That sounds like sensible advice

baron58
      Participant

When I pair to the H9. I turn it on first, then turn blue tooth on my iPad/ iPhone and then tell it to connect, works every time. Blue Tooth is picky about the sequence it connects in. I found with other blue tooth devices I have to do the same thing.

SebastianH
      I also encountered this problem before. Can connect with the ipad but can not connect with the iPhone, it should be a problem with the iPhone.

I saw on the Internet that trying to clean the charging port, updating iOS to the latest version, or restoring the iPhone using DFU mode can solve the problem that the accessory may not be supported by the iPhone.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.