“Control Factor”?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes “Control Factor”?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      wilkinsi
      Participant

So far, we've seen Factor pedals with effects on them. The problem using them with an Eclipse for example is that you unavaoidably change the effect of the Factor pedal's own preset as well as the intended preset on the Eclipse. So, what's the chances of having a "Controlfactor" which essentially has the same knobs and switches, only no effects, thus acting solely as a MIDI controller?

tomclark1989
      Participant

This would be amazing. At the moment I have all the factor pedals hooked up to Digitech FS300 footswitches, which don't fit in particularly useful places on my board. An all in one solution built specifically for the Factor pedals would be amazing. Maybe keep the same kind of function? "Play" mode could mean that the footswitches on the control factor would operate bank up/down, bypass etc, and "Patch" mode (or "Song" mode maybe?" could be programmable to select patches together across all the Factor pedals?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

wilkinsi:

what's the chances of having a "Controlfactor"

Nice idea, but I fear it would cost more than people would want to pay – you would only save the analog section, everything else would remain. That said, we are looking into MIDI control.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

The factor knobs have a feature called "knob lock" in the system mode, similar to catchup, except the knobs control is locked out.  In this mode the the knobs still transmit midi cc's, so you could load presets on the Factors/Eclipse in tandem (via footswitches) and use the knobs to control Eclipse parameters.  I know it doesn't completely solve your problem (there is no footswitch lock), but it gets you some of the way the there.  

wilkinsi
      Participant

Switching presets on the Eclipse won't be a problem for much longer as I've ordered a Boss FS-6. Its the control of certain parameters (e.g. size) that dictate I need a MIDI controller, which the Space pedal does, only it unavoidably changes the paramters of its own presets in doing so. Of course, if Eventide were to come up with a smaller version of that $2k MFC, life should be simpler and easier.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.