Controlling H9 iOS with accelerometer

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Controlling H9 iOS with accelerometer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      JES
      Participant

Here’s what I’d like to do: use my phone’s accelerometer, or one that I wear via bluetooth, to control parameters in my H9 iOS app.  Is anyone doing this, or connecting something like the Guitar Wing to the IOS app to control the H9 in performance?

If so, how do you have it set up, and have you found it to be stable and reliable? 

Thank you.

gkellum
      Participant

If you open up the XY Pad in the H9 iOS app, you'll notice that there are controls there for using the accelerometer to control parameter values.  We'd demonstrated this ourselves at trade shows by mounting an iPhone to the guitar with a clamp.

The Guitar Wing is also a really neat device.  We have one in the office.  There's a video on their website showing how to use the Guitar Wing with the H9:

JES
      Participant

Thanks.  I got the gyroscope working.  I’ve got a followup setting question, though.  When the app is connected, it “takes over” the pedal.  What I want is to use the pedal as normal, switch settings with my feet or MIDI mouse, and then be able to change a paramemter by the gyroscope without setting it up each time. When the app is connected, it seems like I can no long switch patches with my feet.  Am I missing something in the main menu?

And in your experience is the bluetooth connection robust enough to last for a couple hours?

gkellum
        Participant
        JES wrote:

When the app is connected, it seems like I can no longer switch patches with my feet.  Am I missing something in the main menu?

You should be able to switch patches on the H9 using its footswitches even with the app connected.  Are you sure that's not working?  If MIDI isn't working in that fashion, there could be all sorts of reasons for that.  So, could you verify that you're having trouble changing presets with the footswitches on the H9 itself for now?

JES wrote:

And in your experience is the bluetooth connection robust enough to last for a couple hours?

Generally speaking, yes, it should be. 

skywriter
        Participant
        JES wrote:

Before i switched to USB my bluetooth connections were up for weeks in the studio. I only switched to USB to control more than 3 H9’s from a single iPad. My iPad(s) BTW is/are in an Alesis I/O Dock.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.