Controlling H9 w Behringer FCB1010

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Controlling H9 w Behringer FCB1010

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      robmac1962

I’ve been saving all my favorite presets into lists on the H9 control app on my ipad.  So far I’ve only been able to change presets on that list my pressing the ipad. As I’d like to not have to do this in a live setting, is it possible to somehow use an old Behringer FCB 1010 midi controller to do this? I know I can program the FCB1010 to change actual presets on the H9 but what about presets saved into certan lists I have created with H9 control app? I’m probably making this to confusing. I guess what I’m trying to do is work between 10 or so presets that I have tweaked a little for live use – that I can jump back and forth between using the FCB 1010.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

gkellum
      Participant
      robmac1962 wrote:

I've been saving all my favorite presets into lists on the H9 control app on my ipad.  So far I've only been able to change presets on that list my pressing the ipad. As I'd like to not have to do this in a live setting, is it possible to somehow use an old Behringer FCB 1010 midi controller to do this? 

I think you'd want to save the preset list you want to work with onto the H9 and use the Behringer to switch between those presets.  You could still use your iPad to look at the presets on the H9 itself and switch between them that way as well simultaneously.

robmac1962

Thanks for the quick response – I know that you can assign a midi controller to go to the individual presets on the H9, but can you program it to go to the different “slots” in the custom list I’ve made (and downloaded onto the H9)? For example, I have a Preset List called “Gig Patches” and there are nine different presets I’ve saved (L1 through L9). How do I program my FCB1010 to jump to any of those nine presets? Sorry if this is documented somewhere else. I’ve seen how to program a midi controller to go to individual presets under a certain algorithm but not to a preset in a preset list

gkellum
        Participant
        robmac1962 wrote:

I know that you can assign a midi controller to go to the individual presets on the H9, but can you program it to go to the different "slots" in the custom list I've made (and downloaded onto the H9)? For example, I have a Preset List called "Gig Patches" and there are nine different presets I've saved (L1 through L9). How do I program my FCB1010 to jump to any of those nine presets?

Well, when you download your preset list "Gig Patches" onto the H9, it will become the first nine presets on your H9.  So you can then have each footswitch of the FCB-1010 send a program change to load a different preset.

voodoojeff

Hey, I`m actually controlling two Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister 36`s and my H9 with the FCB1010. The GM36 has the presets loaded in order, so I step on the “1” button, preset 1 on the amp comes on. What I needed to overcome was that I didn`t feel like going through moving and renaming presets and lists on the H9 to correspond in numerical order, especially since I have different amp presets that use the same preset on the H9, and vice/versa (for instance I have my basic lead tone on slot 7, then slot 8 is the same tone with a one octave whammy sound, 9 is the same lead tone with a harmonized 4th, etc…)

What I did was go into the H9 app, opened up the midi menu, and got into “midi program change map”. You can set it up to where button 1 on the 1010 (midi command “0”) triggers the preset of your choosing on the H9. You can do the same with all of them, assigning specific presets to the buttons even though they`re not in order on the device. I even have mine to automatically bypass the H9 when I`m not on an amp preset that uses it. I hope that helps, and feel free to throw any questions my way at voodoojef@voodoodownmusic.com . I don`t have all the answers but I have made my way around the device.

industricon
      Participant

Hello All!

I have a Behringer FCB 1010, with which I’d like to control my H9.

The FCB is unable to communicate with the H9.

Wondering if y’all are still using your FCB?

Any info would be appreciated!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.