Controlling pitchfactor using midi ccs – footswitch left and middle

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Controlling pitchfactor using midi ccs – footswitch left and middle

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Really confused by this little problem and want to make sure that what I'm trying to do is actually possible.

I've programmed by midi controller (Roland pk5 foot pedals) to send CCs 1 to 10. I have cc1 assigned to bank + and cc2 assigned to bank – and these work perfectly so I can scroll up and down banks.

If I assign CCs to the foot switches, only the left one works – so I have cc3 on the left footswitch (which toggles it on and off fine and selects the preset) and cc4 on the middle one which doesn't select the preset – it seems to select FLEX instead.

Is it even possible to use midi to select bank presets 1 and 2? Great if anyone can offer any advice here. 

brock
      Participant
      Quote:
      Is it even possible to use midi to select bank presets 1 and 2?

Make sure that the PitchFactor itself is in Play mode.

The FS1, FS2, and FS3 destinations control the footswitch options in the opposite mode of what the pedal is currently set to.  In Play mode, your CC3 message should alternate ACTIVE and BYPASS on 'preset 1', and the same for CC4 on the 'preset 2'.

The other option is to select the presets directly using Program Change messages.  PC 99 would select PitchFactor preset 50:1; PC 100 selects 50:2, etc.

Thanks for that. In play mode then, cc3 (assigned to fs1) toggles the left footswitch between active and bypass, and cc4 (assigned to fs2) does exactly the same! So what am I doing wrong? They're both correctly mapped in the RCV CTL menu.

Yes, managed to change banks with program change messages fine.

Thanks, right, I'm getting there I think. So in play mode I select the middle footswitch (fs2) via cc4, then when I switch to bank mode (which is on say bank 50) it's active for bank 50:2. Then to select bank 50:1 which would be assigned to the left footswitch  (fs1) via cc3 I have to go to play mode, select the left footswitch via cc3 and then go back to bank mode?

So I can't just select the bank without having to go in and out of play mode?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.