Converting VSig v1/2 module to v3 – Seems impossible

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development Converting VSig v1/2 module to v3 – Seems impossible

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      J20056
      Participant

Just got a H9000R which replaced a H7600. Using VSig 2.4.9, I save a handful of self-developed modules.

The file extension was .sig, although done with v2.4.9.

In v3, it looks for a .sig2 extension and is unable to load my module. The sig2 extension requirement was confirmed by email by Eventide.

However, I fail to see how anyone can migrate modules created with v2.4.9 since it doesn’t sve the files as .sig2.

So I simply have no idea what to do.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      J20056 wrote:

Just got a H9000R which replaced a H7600. Using VSig 2.4.9, I save a handful of self-developed modules.

The file extension was .sig, although done with v2.4.9.

In v3, it looks for a .sig2 extension and is unable to load my module. The sig2 extension requirement was confirmed by email by Eventide.

However, I fail to see how anyone can migrate modules created with v2.4.9 since it doesn't sve the files as .sig2.

So I simply have no idea what to do.

We changed the sigfile format for the H9000 to help us achieve forward compatibility for sigfiles.

Your previous version of vsig may be able to save .sig2 files – just open the sigfile in vsig, and in the save dialog, change the extension to .sig2.  If this doesn't work, we can point you to a version of vsig 2.x that can do this.  Then, vsig3 should be able to open the sig2 files.

It's possible for module incompatibilites to creep in, depending on the version of the DSP modules you were using when you created those sigfiles.  If you run into difficulties, we can help convert the files for you.  Once they are in .sig2 format, this is much less likely to be an issue, even when the H9000 modules get updated with new software releases.

Let us know how you get on.

J20056
      Participant

Thank you.

I had tried changing the extension to sig2.

Can you please let me know what exact 2.xxx version I am supposed to use? I have either 2.4.9, or what you guys call 2, but apperas as 1.99 when you do About.

Better yet, if you could send me a link to a version that you know can do that. 

Regards

J20056
      Participant

The first link  to v2.8 does not work.

The requested file is no longer available!”

J20056
      Participant

Thank you.

I was able to install v2.8. 

However, loading the .vsig1 file resulted in many many errors, although the file did load, but I didnt compare line by line versus the v1 version in 2.4.9.

I was furthermore able to save the file as .vsig2. Unfortunately, VSig3 is totally unable to load the file, again getting tons of error messages, but unkike v2.8, it loads nothing.

I think at this point we gave this a fair shot. I’m pretty bummed of losing this one preset that I had built through long nights of learning VSig years ago but it is fine. I am hoping that I can recreate it straight in Emote as it is simply a lead tone (coming from analog input tube amp) with ping pong dealy, plus a pitch shifter to go up one octave controlled by an expression pedal, and lastly and importantly, some rotation type FX to simulate David Gilmour Doppola amps that themselves simulate a Leslie cab. Dunno, feels that with Emote and the wealth of available algos, I should be able to pull that out. Main limitation is inability to connect FX chains.

J20056
      Participant

That is so awesome!

I’m not too worried about the remapping of the expression pedal, but my bigger problem is that I cannot get my expression pedals to work at all in the calibration Emote section. tried two different pedals and both Mac and Windows Emote. no luck so far. I created a standalone post on the RackMount section but no answers so far. I’m sure someone will tell me the trick.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      J20056 wrote:

Better yet, if you could send me a link to a version that you know can do that. 

I was hoping we still had that version available for download, but I couldn't find it.  I'll get this for you on Monday.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff

OK, here is a link to Vsig 2.8.  This is the last version we built from the original Vsig codebase, which can read sig files in the original format as well as writing sig2 files.

Vsig 2.8 (Windows) : https://etide.io/Qlb6F

It doesn't support the MIDI communication protocol, so you'll have to use the sig database containing the H7600 modules information:

H7600 Sig Database: https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/h7600-vsig-database

We've tried this with a simple sigfile and it worked fine, but we don't know how complex your sigfiles are or what modules they contain so results may vary.  Please let us know how you get on.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      J20056 wrote:

The first link  to v2.8 does not work.

"The requested file is no longer available!"

It worked for me yesterday.  I think this might be a permissions issue.  We'll look into it.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff

Please try this link: https://etide.io/I78Fi

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff

All is not lost!  My colleague passed me your sigfile and I was able to convert it to sig2.  I loaded and ran it in the H9000 but I can't judge whether it sounded right.  Anyway I sent him the converted file, so he can forward it to you to look at.

You will have to set up the expression pedal mappings manually as the module that does that in the older systems is no longer supported.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.