Could not reach Eventide server

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Could not reach Eventide server

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Paradox

Hi

Sorry, last 2 days I’ve tried to update my H9 to last firmware for CrunchStation. I’m using Windows 8. At update stomp boxes procedure I receive the message “could not reach Eventide server”. My connection is ok because I can surfing net….Can I check some other thing?

Many thanks, Bye.

gkellum
      Participant
      Paradox wrote:

Sorry, last 2 days I've tried to update my H9 to last firmware for CrunchStation. I'm using Windows 8. At update stomp boxes procedure I receive the message "could not reach Eventide server". My connection is ok because I can surfing net….Can I check some other thing?

We've been having trouble with the server that those updates are coming from.  It should be cleared up tonight.  If you'd like, we could always email you the update file though as well;  you'd just need to send an email to us at support@eventide.com.

gkellum
      Participant

This problem should be taken care of now.

rens

as of now (15:00 UK time on the 19th, 9am in NJ) i still cannot reach the server to update my H9…can you talk to your IT guys?

gkellum
      Participant

Hm. You're right. The updater in H9 Control still isn't working;  although the server is up again, you can't reach the small website on that server that manages the H9 Control updates.  I'll ask our IT guy to fix that as soon as he can.

The Eventide Direct Updater is working again though and you could use that to update your H9 from Windows.  (I just went through the process of installing the latest H9 update myself to make sure you wouldn't run into any problems.)  It comes bundled with H9 Control.  So, if you've installed H9 Control, you should be able to find a link to the Eventide Direct Updater under H9 Control's folder in Windows start menu.  (Or you could also just download the latest version from the support page;  just select any of the factor pedals as the product to get the links for downloading the Eventide Direct Updater.)  You'll want to boot your H9 into update mode by starting it up with the HotKnob switch in the upper left hand corner of the H9 pressed before connecting it to the Eventide Direct Updater.

alexisl

Hi,

My H9 Core just arrived and I can’t update the firmware either. I’m getting the could not reach Eventide Server error as well. I’ve tried on both my Win 8.1 PC and on my iPod. No luck either way. 🙁 Internet seems to be fine though, and I was actually able to register it to my account. I just can’t update it.

Is there an ETA on a fix or an alternative way to update my pedal without having to wait for the server issues to be fixed?

Thanks,

alexisl

Oops never mind. Sorry, I missed the previous post.

cpnolan
      Participant

Hi all – First timer here.  My GOD what am i doing wrong???  I want to listen to some of the algos prior to purchace but it’s not working.  I press listen, then demo (wet or dry) and nothing happens.  Is this a server thing as mentioned above or am i just missing something? 

Thanks guys!

gkellum
        Participant
        cpnolan wrote:

I want to listen to some of the algos prior to purchace but it's not working.  I press listen, then demo (wet or dry) and nothing happens.  Is this a server thing as mentioned above or am i just missing something? 

It's the server thing as mentioned above.  The audio demos and software updates for the H9 come from that same server.  I'm sorry about the hassle.  We should have this sorted out on Monday, and in the next H9 Control release we'll probably move all of this stuff to Amazon's cloud just like we did our main website to avoid this happening again.

Paradox

Ok, I’ve used the procedure described:

So, if you’ve installed H9 Control, you should be able to find a link to the Eventide Direct Updater under H9 Control’s folder in Windows start menu.  (Or you could also just download the latest version from the support page;  just select any of the factor pedals as the product to get the links for downloading the Eventide Direct Updater.)  You’ll want to boot your H9 into update mode by starting it up with the HotKnob switch in the upper left hand corner of the H9 pressed before connecting it to the Eventide Direct Updater.

All works fine! Crunch station is here!

I’ve a question OT, a very noob question, I don’t know if is useful to open an other thread. There is no possiblity to setup a global output volume instead of per-preset? I’ve to notice that a lot of preset are too much loud (using bass guitar), so setup global volume would be nice.

Thanks, bye

gkellum
        Participant
        Paradox wrote:

I've a question OT, a very noob question, I don't know if is useful to open an other thread. There is no possiblity to setup a global output volume instead of per-preset? I've to notice that a lot of preset are too much loud (using bass guitar), so setup global volume would be nice.

Yeah, currently there is no global output volume.  I see your point though about why that could come in handy.

Paradox

Ok, maybe you can consider that in next update firmware relase 😀

gkellum wrote:

Paradox wrote:

I’ve a question OT, a very noob question, I don’t know if is useful to open an other thread. There is no possiblity to setup a global output volume instead of per-preset? I’ve to notice that a lot of preset are too much loud (using bass guitar), so setup global volume would be nice.

Yeah, currently there is no global output volume.  I see your point though about why that could come in handy.

rens

As of 16:30 here in the UK (11:30 AM NY) still no joy connecting to the server from the app on ios or osX …. any word on when it might work again?

gkellum
        Participant
        rens wrote:

As of 16:30 here in the UK (11:30 AM NY) still no joy connecting to the server from the app on ios or osX …. any word on when it might work again?

We fixed the problem around 11:55 AM NY time.  So, you tried 25 minutes too soon.  smiley  Please try again and let us know if you're still having trouble.

adamlenox

Same problem but in 2018 !

What can I do ? I just want a buy a couple of Algorithms (tho i am using a pitch factor) 

Thanks, cheers

gkellum
        Participant
        adamlenox wrote:

What can I do ? I just want a buy a couple of Algorithms (tho i am using a pitch factor) 

Sorry, we were making some network changes last night, and they appear to have affected algorithm purchasing.  Everything should be up and running again now.

adamlenox

Thank you for your quick answer but it doesn´t seem to work, it´s like the buttons aren´t on. I should have mentionned that I am in Germany, does that do anything ? 

gkellum wrote:

adamlenox wrote:

Sorry, we were making some network changes last night, and they appear to have affected algorithm purchasing.  Everything should be up and running again now.

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        adamlenox wrote:

Thank you for your quick answer but it doesn´t seem to work, it´s like the buttons aren´t on. I should have mentionned that I am in Germany, does that do anything ? 

Are you trying to buy algorithm for your PitchFactor? Only H9 supports extra algorithm purchase. 

grosson
      Participant

Or is it me ?

Thank you

gkellum
        Participant
        grosson wrote:

Or is it me ?

No, our server appears to be running fine. If you're having trouble, please let us know what the error message you're getting is.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Could not reach Eventide server’ is closed to new replies.