Create H90 program from scratch?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Create H90 program from scratch?

Tagged: 

• This topic has 10 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by brock.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      ark
      Participant

In trying to understand how to create H90 programs, I’d like to be able to start with a program that contains a single algorithm with the default settings. How do I go about doing that?

So far, it looks like each algorithm has a preset with a similar, but not always identical, name, and the right strategy is to start by loading that preset. So, for example, if we look for presets that use the MicroPitch algorithm, we find a preset named “H3000 MicroPitch” that has MicroPitch as its A part and “Thru” as its B part. If I want to start with MicroPitch and as little else as possible, am I correct that this is the right way to go about it?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi ark,

Your strategy is a good one. It’s important to note there really isn’t a default preset to every algorithm. Even the eponymous presets are just an option our designers cooked up, though they’re generally a good place to start. But, you’re on the right track using the Thru utility. Any Program can serve as the base of a new custom program, and during the save process, we can overwrite the current position, move to another position, or move it to another list entirely.

Another strategy, if you really wanted to start as bare as possible, is to load a list Iike User 2 thru 4. These come with INIT Programs that are populated with two THRU utility algorithms. You can then proceed to add an algorithm of your choosing in either slot. Then, surf through the presets of that program to see what you want to use as your starting off point.

brock
      Participant

For now, you would need to create your own ‘default’ Program, for the 62(+1) algorithms.  Neutral settings for each parameter, loaded in one Preset A or B, with Thru loaded in the other side.  It’s an alphanumeric Program selection sequence, so saving it as something like ‘0 MicroPitch.pgm90’ should come up first.  I’ve considered putting together a default Program List, but I haven’t got around to that yet.

As for your 2nd question, you’re doing it right [Crossed the ether with Joe above]..

ark
      Participant

Is there a way to add an algorithm without copying it from an already existing preset? In particular, is there a way of doing so within H90 Control? I see how to go to the “User 2” bank and select one of the “INIT Program” entries, but I don’t see how to change the Thru algorithm to something else.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

If you’re using H90 Control and you’re in the Edit window, on the bottom there are four tabs, the last of which is called Preset Library. When you click on that, up top you can choose to work with Slot A or Slot B. The list shows you all the presets on the pedal and you can narrow it down by algorithm or effect type. As soon as you click on a preset, it will load it into the slot you’ve selected. Repeat this process for the other slot if you wish. Don’t forget to save.

ark
      Participant

Thanks–but that brings me back to my original remark: “So far, it looks like each algorithm has a preset with a similar, but not always identical, name, and the right strategy is to start by loading that preset.”

It seems like you’re agreeing with me: The way to choose a particular algorithm for a slot is to find a preset that uses that algorithm and load that preset. So am I right that there is no way to select an algorithm directly–we have to rely on the fact that every algorithm has at least one (read only) factory preset that uses it?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

The way to choose a particular algorithm for a slot is to find a preset that uses that algorithm and load that preset. So am I right that there is no way to select an algorithm directly–we have to rely on the fact that every algorithm has at least one (read only) factory preset that uses it?

Correct.

ark
      Participant

Might I suggest making that statement explicit in a future version of the manual (or calling attention to it if it’s already there)? It would have saved me some searching.

Maybe I’m unusual in this respect, but I’m more accustomed to software architectures in which whenever there’s a kind of thing that has a name, there’s a way of getting one’s hands on such a thing directly.

Steve-O Rock-O
      Participant

Some good video walkthroughs from a fellow H90 new user. These video walkthroughs were very helpful to us.

https://youtu.be/nHPjbvIQznc (Explains how algorithms are created and structured)

https://youtu.be/YDMfmiKtefQ (Explains how to create new programs)

Hope you find them beneficial as well!

tvc
      Participant

It would be awesome to implement a feature where you can just drag and drop the algorithm of desire in a “init” setting?

brock
      Participant

It would be awesome to implement a feature where you can just drag and drop the algorithm of desire in a “init” setting?

Pending an update to include the new Aggravate & Sticky Tape algorithms, but …

https://patchstorage.com/algo-programmers-toolkit-program-list/

Program format; Save To Library for Preset format.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.