Creating A Clean Hold/Freeze Sound?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Creating A Clean Hold/Freeze Sound?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Finally got my Eclipse last week and I love it.  I was curious if anyone has come up with a preset that allow you to use an expression pedal or CCs create a clean hold/freeze function, similar to what's on the Z. Cat Hold pedal for anyone that's seen it.  Using a delay usually ends up with repeating beats from the trails, and I haven't discovered a looping function that achieves the same thing with the simplicity of just putting a pedal to toe position to hold the note you're playing and down to release it. 

IDeangelis

You could try using any loop algorithm and patch a pedal to input level and feedback so that when  you want to capture an audio section, input level goes to -100 dB (= no more audio goes into the loop) and feedback to 100% (= audio in the preset delay time frame goes into looping).

That should make it.

best

I

simeon
      Participant

yup, that's the way to do it, but try using a reverb or one of the delay plex algorithms instead of delay. you'll get a much smoother sound without the "beating" you can sometimes get if you use a delay.

sim

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.