Creating Canyon Preset in H3000 Factory

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Creating Canyon Preset in H3000 Factory

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Duke_Cooper
      Participant

One of the main reasons I wanted the H3000 Facotry was to get my Hands on the Canyon Preset in the H3000 Units. Much to my dismay I didn’t see the preset already built. I also noticed that this is more of an effects unit than a reverb. Still this unit is pretty sick. I’m looking to  build a canyon prset with what is availble in this unit. If there’s anyone who is familiar with the Hardware that would be able to offer suggestions on how to get as close to that point as possible I’d appreciate your help and advice greatly.

–Duke Cooper

Hi Duke,

The Canyon Preset uses the H3000's Reverb Factory algorithm, which isn't included in the H3000 Factory plugin. Unfortunately, this means you won't be able to accurately recreate that preset using the plugin. Sorry!

-Ryerson

Duke_Cooper
      Participant

The Canyon Preset uses the H3000’s Reverb Factory algorithm, which isn’t included in the H3000 Factory plugin. Unfortunately, this means you won’t be able to accurately recreate that preset using the plugin.

I spoke to customer support and got a smiliar response but was recommended to come here and see if this brain trust as a resource. Say I was interested in getting in the ball park understanding that I wouldn’t get a 100% accurate and faithful preset built. Are there some paramters or settings that I could look for to build a preset in that direction? Reverb is just more finer tuned delay response IMO. If you’d dare to indulge me let’s think critically here and see if there’s something gnarley to be made with what’s in the plugin by being inspired at what’s in the unit.

If you're looking to get a rough approximation within the H3000 Factory plugin, the best place to start is probably with the H3000 series user manual. Page 62 has a block diagram for Reverb Factory, which should give you a sense of how the routing works. Even though the plugin only has two delay blocks, the pitch shifting blocks also have delay, so you can use those to get a total of four delays. Combining those four delays with the four mixing blocks (and turning up the feedback) you may be able to get within the ballpark of the canyon preset. Recreating the gating effect probably requires some clever external routing in your DAW.

If you're interested in other tools that would be better suited for recreating that canyon reverb, you might want to check out the UltraReverb plugin or (if you have an H9) the ModEchoVerb algorithm.

Best of luck–I'm eager to see what you come up with!

Ryerson

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.