Crush Station algorithm very low volume

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Crush Station algorithm very low volume

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      K-1000
      Participant

I have a question. Is the Crush Station algorithm really quiet Or is it just me?

I need to push its output volume to +10dB just to reach unity gain with the H9 bypassed.

Is it normal? I don’t get that with other drives algorithms like Peach Fuzz…

gas hed
      Participant

Hello there,

That’s funny, I was just exploring this alg’ for the first time yesterday and noticed the same thing.  I am wondering if I can map the boost slider to my expression pedal to help me on that front when playing live or with others.  Cool as heck alg’ for sure!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      K-1000 wrote:
      >I need to push its output volume to +10dB just to reach unity gain with the H9 bypassed.

That doesn’t seem to be functioning normally. None of my presets or custom settings are set that high, for my rig.

If you want to try an experiment, back up your pedal’s presets to a list on H9 Control. Make a note of any custom system settings you may have. Then, reinstall the pedal’s firmware. Afterwards, conduct a factory reset. Lastly, restore your presets and system settings. See if CrushStation is giving you the same behavior.

apalazzolo
      Participant

It’s normal for my H9 and Crushstation.  I just check some presets I made a year or more ago .  I had the output juiced +9 dB on all of them.

K-1000
      Participant

I also realized having a boost (Xotic EP boost) doesn’t help at all… and accentuates the volume difference between the clean sound boosted and the algorithms Crush Station, Peach Fuzz and Sculpt.
      It seems like affecting only algorithms with overdrive function… for example, the Peach Fuzz algorithm’s pitch effect is perfectly balanced with the bypass volume…. really weird

brock
      Participant

Deeper discussion from an earlier thread:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/comment/23436#comment-23436

apalazzolo
      Participant
      brock wrote:

Deeper discussion from an earlier thread:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/comment/23436#comment-23436

Thanks.  That helps a lot!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.