Crush station not to be on 1st generation iPad

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Crush station not to be on 1st generation iPad

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      otisdogwfwf1

I was exited to hear about crush station, but I can’t upgrade my iPad as its a first generation. I can’t enjoy the new algorithm . Please help

gkellum
      Participant
      otisdogwfwf1 wrote:

I was exited to hear about crush station, but I can't upgrade my iPad as its a first generation. I can't enjoy the new algorithm . Please help

Apple made everybody start building against iOS 8 with 64 bit support in June.   H9 Control still runs fine on iOS 5 when its built just for arm7 (and without the 64 bit part), and the AppStore is actually supposed to strip out the 64 bit part when delivering the app to a device like the first generation iPad that doesn't need it.  So, we think should be able to continue to work on the iPad 1.  BUT we did make a build about a year ago with both the arm7 and the 64 bit parts, and it didn't work on first generation iPads.  And Apple approved it anyway, which broke H9 Control on everyone's first generation iPad.  So, we've written Apple and we're trying to clarify how we can be sure that a build is going to work on first generation iPads.  The fact that the AppStore does some special process to a release and we don't have a way to reproduce that process ourselves and verify that it works is problematic.  We marked the current build as compatible only with iOS 6 and above, because we didn't want to break H9 Control on first generation iPads and not have a way to release an update that would fix the problem.

gkellum
      Participant

We heard back from Apple.  We asked could we specifically request that an app be tested on an iPad 1 and failed if it does not pass review?  Or is there a script available that simulates how the AppStore strips out the 64 bit part of an app so that we can internally test a new release and be sure that it works on first generation iPads.

They didn't answer either question.  Instead they just responded with a bunch of stuff that we already know from their public documentation.  I don't know why they even take support questions, when they don't actually answer your questions.  One time we wrote them and they told us to consult a lawyer.

So, we're going to need to think about this a bit and make a decision about what to do.

gkellum
      Participant

We just release a new version of H9 Control in Apple's AppStore which restores support for iOS 5 and first generation iPads.  I just installed it on a first generation iPad, and everything looks good.  I'm sorry it took us so long to address this problem.  In any case hopefully it'll be a year until Apple changes everything again.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.