Custom Scales for Pitch Factor Diatonic

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Custom Scales for Pitch Factor Diatonic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      laurent
      Participant

Hi i  am  a  composer  / producer  in  Montreal  .

I  use  a  lot  the  pitch  factor  on  my  guitars  tracks  .

i  love it  !!!

i  work  on  a  balinese  project  ,  and  i  would  need  a  unit  with  a

special  scale  in  it  .

the  scale  is  pelog  :  C# D E G# A (  so  a  special  5  notes  scale  .  )

the  way  they  harmonised  melodies  is  always ” 4  notes  higher ” .

so  the  harmony for  the  C#  is  G#  the  harmony  for the  D  is  the  A

the  harmony  for  the E  is  C#   the  harmony  for the  G#  is  D  the

harmony  for  the  A  is  E

is  it  possible  to  program  it  in  my  unit  or  to  order  a  custom

unit  ?

thank  you  !

i  wish  you  a  wonderfull  day

cheers

laurent

brock
      Participant

That breakdown of harmony notes has me confused.  But if you need “always four notes higher”, you can use one of the parallel harmony algorithms  (non-diatonic, with static intervals).  In the H910/H949, it’d be Pitch A/B set to 1.335 (Pitch Control on Chromatic).  For the Harmodulator, Pitch A/B at +P4.  You could also use Crystals, with Pitch A/B dialed to 500c.

Each of the algorithms above will bring its own unique flavor and features to the pitch processing.  Or perhaps stick with the Diatonic algo and C Mixolydian?  I haven’t thought that last suggestion through, but if you restrict your input to that 5-note scale …  At any rate, I’ll help you get there, if it’s possible.  I just need to be clear on exactly what you need here, harmony-wise.

laurent
      Participant

to  be  more  clear ,  i can   write  my  question  in  2  parts  :

1- is it  possible  to  create  custom  scales  in  the  pitch  factor  ?   pelog  is  C#  D E G#  A          (       so    1  b2  b3  5  b6  in  terms  of  scale  degree )

2 – is  it  possble  to  program diatonic  harmonisation  in  the  balinese  way  :    mostly  in  fiths  ,  but  the  3  rd  degree  of  the  scale  has  to  be  harmonised  with  a  major  6th  and  the  6th degree with  a  tritone  

so  if  we  are  in  C# pelog  the  scale  and  harmonies  will  be

C#  harmonised  with  G#  (  5th  )

D  harmonised with A    ( 5th )

E harmonised with C#  ( major 6th )

G# Harmonised with D ( tritone ) ( diminish fifth  )

A harmonised E  ( fifth )

laurent
      Participant

to  be  more  clear ,  i can   write  my  question  in  2  parts  :

1- is it  possible  to  create  custom  scales  in  the  pitch  factor  ?   pelog  is  C#  D E G#  A          (       so    1  b2  b3  5  b6  in  terms  of  scale  degree )

2 – is  it  possble  to  program diatonic  harmonisation  in  the  balinese  way  :    mostly  in  fiths  ,  but  the  3  rd  degree  of  the  scale  has  to  be  harmonised  with  a  major  6th  and  the  6th degree with  a  tritone  

so  if  we  are  in  C# pelog  the  scale  and  harmonies  will  be

C#  harmonised  with  G#  (  5th  )

D  harmonised with A    ( 5th )

E harmonised with C#  ( major 6th )

G# Harmonised with D ( tritone ) ( diminish fifth  )

A harmonised E  ( fifth )

brock
      Participant

1).  No, that’s not currently possible.  That kind of feature has been requested here a number of times.

2).  Also not possible, in an automated sense.  I’ve programmed MIDI CC messages for harmony interval changes on-the-fly, but that involves some tap-dancing on MIDI pedalboard switches.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Mr Brock is correct. This is not likely on a Guitar Pedal.

Our rack boxes have this capability, but they are much more sophisticated units.

laurent
      Participant

i  found  a  way   .  

The  phrygian  mode  share  the    5    notes of    the  pelog   mode  .

most  of  the  harmonisation  i  need  is  a  diatonoc  fifth  exept  for  the 3 rd degree  of  the  scale  that  needs  a  major  sixt  .

so  i  use  diatonic  set  to  fifth  and  i program  the  expression  pedal  to  move  from  5th  to 6th  .  

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.