Delay changes after pushing tempo

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Delay changes after pushing tempo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      joescheirich

I’m new to my timefactor and when I hit the tempo button to change from ms to bpm, my delay sound totally slows down. What used to be a 360 ms delay now sounds like 1400. The tap fuction also seems to not work in that mode too. I tap out what would be the equivalent of 360ms, (somewhere around 100bpm it says) but it sounds like 25 bpm. Switch back out of tempo and it goes right back to correct sounding delay.

Any thoughts?

joescheirich

A little more learning and watching YouTube videos, I think I have it figured out. I’m assuming now that you can’t just switch it over to tempo and not have to reset your delay times. I thought before that the two modes were interchangeable and that you could just switch back-and-forth between the two without tweaking, but now seeing that the delay times are not in BPM, but are a fraction of that bpm tempo. One weird thing, I would think that with switching over to tempo, the delay times would default to quarter note so that they would be similar to the millisecond time you had in before, but it looks like everything defaults to whole note. And that’s why it sounds like all my delays are all four times as long after switching to tempo mode. Is there anyway to set a global default 1/4 note for both delays when switching to tempo mode, instead of it defaulting to whole note. I mean who thinks of their delays in whole notes instead of quarter notes, maybe eighth or dotted eighth but rarely whole note.

William Middlemiss
        Participant
        joescheirich wrote:
        I mean who thinks of their delays in whole notes instead of quarter notes, maybe eighth or dotted eighth but rarely whole note.

I do, actually. But I understand many do not. 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.