Delay times

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Delay times

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      mudfly9

I was wondering what the longest delay time people are using in their setup? I ask this because I find the sensitivity of a knob that goes from 0-3000ms makes it very tricky to use. My highest delay time is 486ms (fairly short by some people's standard but I was raised on a Memory Man!) so the idea of being able to use anywhere near 3000ms in a musical sense seems odd to me but it'd be really interesting to hear about what others are doing with it. I find myself still using my MM live and I can do that lovely sweep with the delay-time knob which, when tried with the TF, isn't smooth at all due to it having to make jumps of a few milliseconds at a time. What I think would be great is to have an option in the same vein as the bank limit setting, that would put a cap on the upper (and possibly even lower) limits of the delay time knob which would make it far more usable. Any thoughts?

IDeangelis

Hello

you may try A real experience in your musical travel. Try listening to David Torn, Robert Fripp, Brian Eno, Eivind Aarset, David Sylvian, Jon Hassell, Michael Brook…. some of these masters can even use several minutes delay "in a musical sense".

cheers

I

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.