Deregistering harmonizer and core for selling

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Deregistering harmonizer and core for selling

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      smj

Hi all,

I’ve successfully deregistered my core and harmonizer h9s. Nearest I can tell, the core has all the algorhythms I had on the harmonizer based on connecting it via the app.

If someone registers it in a new name, do all the algorhythms remain on the core? If so, should I be selling it more as a harmonizer given that it has so many algorhythms? Thanks in advance!

Sean Meredith-Jones
      http://www.seanmeredithjones.com

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

If the units have been de-registered properly, and a new user registers them to their account, they will revert to being what they were from factory; in this case a Core and a standard H9. You should most definitely not sell them as any other versions.

smj

So if I’m understanding correctly, they could access the algorhythms currently on there and not register it. If they want to purchase new algorhythms, they would have to register it and lose what’s on there?

Sean Meredith-Jones

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Be aware that if a person cannot register an H9, they can’t use H9 Control, so there is no reason anybody should want that option.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      smj wrote:
      So if I’m understanding correctly, they could access the algorhythms currently on there and not register it.

Yes.

smj wrote:
      If they want to purchase new algorhythms, they would have to register it and lose what’s on there?

Core and standard H9 users can no longer purchase individual algorithms as of March 2021. The only option is to upgrade them to a Max unit via our discounted upgrade path on our website. If you are selling them both to the same person, they can upgrade one to a Max and download those algorithms to the other for free. This only works as long as both H9’s are on the same account.

smj
      joecozzi wrote:
      Be aware that if a person cannot register an H9, they can’t use H9 Control, so there is no reason anybody should want that option.

Having deregistered them, I connected to the core h9 and it worked fine with my phone. Am I missing something?

If I paid to max out the regular H9, it would then max out the other h9 correct? I could then essentially sell both separately maxed out?

Can a maxed out core be unmaxed if someone registers it independent of the other h9?

Sean Meredith-Jones

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      smj wrote:
      Having deregistered them, I connected to the core h9 and it worked fine with my phone. Am I missing something?

If you log back using your account, then you’ll still see the algorithms that are in your personal library. Those don’t ever go away. A new user won’t see the algorithms in your collection.

smj wrote:
      If I paid to max out the regular H9, it would then max out the other h9 correct? I could then essentially sell both separately maxed out?

No. Users are only allowed to take advantage of the Max out program once. So, only the unit that you paid to Max Out has been turned into a Max unit in our system. The ability to pass on the Max algorithms to a lesser H9 does not make the H9 receiving them an H9 Max in our system. That still remains the model it is from factory.

smj wrote:
      Can a maxed out core be unmaxed if someone registers it independent of the other h9?

Again, if the Core in question is not the one you paid to Max out and you de-registered it, and then it’s re-registered by someone else, it becomes a Core again. YOUR a algorithms do not travel with it.

Also, if someone were to try to sell an H9 as a different model, and the new user does a factory reset for whatever reason, they will discover what version that pedal truly is.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.