Disable inverting preset change direction with HotKnob

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Disable inverting preset change direction with HotKnob

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      flamefork

Hello

I’m using H9 with OX9. Right button of OX9 is mapped to preset decrement and I’m using Tap button for preset increment.

The problem is, when I accidentally press HotKnob, both right buttons became preset decrement, and this is kinda stressful in the live situation.

Also I could imagine using limited preset range and relying on preset incrment to cycle through presets. This way accidental HotKnob press makes it less predictable to switch presets.

Maybe we could have an option to disable HotKnob switching between preset increment and decrement for such usages? It could be an option like “Tap button preset change direction” with default value “Switchable through HotKnob” and 2 other options “increment”/”decrement”.

What do you think?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      flamefork wrote:

I'm using H9 with OX9. Right button of OX9 is mapped to preset decrement and I'm using Tap button for preset increment.

The problem is, when I accidentally press HotKnob, both right buttons became preset decrement, and this is kinda stressful in the live situation.

I would recommend you use two switches on the OX9 for preset decrement/increment, and use the right footswitch on the H9 for Tap. If the right footswitch is in Tap mode, pressing the HotKnob wouldn't do anything.

By setting so, you can also load presets by pressing just one switch, instead of hitting the Active switch again to confirm.

flamefork
        bohan wrote:

I would recommend you use two switches on the OX9 for preset decrement/increment, and use the right footswitch on the H9 for Tap. If the right footswitch is in Tap mode, pressing the HotKnob wouldn’t do anything.

By setting so, you can also load presets by pressing just one switch, instead of hitting the Active switch again to confirm.

I need another button for Performance switch as I use it a lot, and I don’t need Tap feature 99% of the time, thus I use left OX9 switch for Perf and right 2 switches for increment/decrement.

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        flamefork wrote:

I need another button for Performance switch as I use it a lot, and I don't need Tap feature 99% of the time, thus I use left OX9 switch for Perf and right 2 switches for increment/decrement.

The HotKnob cannot be disabled when the right footswitch is in preset mode. 

Would you consider getting another switch for your OX9? http://www.barn3.com/shop/tesla-tap

flamefork
        bohan wrote:

Would you consider getting another switch for your OX9? http://www.barn3.com/shop/tesla-tap

I use another one for tuner, as it’s hard to press&hold 2 H9 buttons and not to press HotKnob accidentally crying

bohan wrote:

The HotKnob cannot be disabled when the right footswitch is in preset mode. 

Well, that’s already seems to be a hot topic and a frequent request…

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        flamefork wrote:

I use another one for the tuner, as it's hard to press&hold 2 H9 buttons and not to press HotKnob accidentally crying

Well, if you use the right footswitch to tap, then you won't be worrying about pressing the HotKnob accidentally so you can use two switches to toggle the tuner……

flamefork
        bohan wrote:

Well, if you use the right footswitch to tap, then you won’t be worrying about pressing the HotKnob accidentally so you can use two switches to toggle the tuner……

Could you please elaborate, I don’t get it

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        flamefork wrote:

Could you please elaborate, I don't get it

I'm suggesting you use the right footswitch in the tap mode. In this mode, the HotKnob won't change the function of any switches. So you may use your 3 aux switches to Increment/Decrement/Performance, and hold both footswitches on the H9 to toggle tuner. 

flamefork
        bohan wrote:

I’m suggesting you use the right footswitch in the tap mode. In this mode, the HotKnob won’t change the function of any switches. So you may use your 3 aux switches to Increment/Decrement/Performance, and hold both footswitches on the H9 to toggle tuner. 

I would be happy to, but my problem with tuner is not that pressing HotKnob while holding 2 buttons would switch the direction, it’s that it would prevent tuner from turning on. And it’s like 50% of the time I hold 2 buttons for tuner I happen to press HotKnob accidentally.

mistercharlie
      Participant

Sounds like you need a midi controller with some more buttons.

flamefork

Just to clarify, I’m more than happy with my H9 setup.

I’m writing here mostly to add data / provide user feedback for developers consideration.

mustafaicil
      Participant

Are you able to use the OX9 switches without accidentally pressing H9 switches while using live. They appear to be very close to each other.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.