Disappointed the stomp boxes replaced by H9

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Disappointed the stomp boxes replaced by H9

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      telesynth
      Participant

H9 doesn’t make any sense to me, one parameter change at a time? Ridiculous. But obviously the H9 is in and the older stomp boxes are out.

The Time Factor and Space stomp boxes I love do a great job and the knobs all serve a purpose. But both got preset changing hopelessly wrong. You have to change modes with a long press, too complicated. Because I use the boxes for studio effects for synths I’m not so worried. But the H9 dropped all the hands-on features and became dependent on software. Just stick the guitar into the audio interface and be done with it already. Eventide is now plugins with an optional hardware host for the luddites.

I think the older stomp boxes got it mostly right, and I’d be interested in an H10 with lots of knobs and friendly interface for people who actually want to touch their gear. Yes, it wil cost more and isn’t the Eventide quality worth it?

Regards,

Some old guy

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hi old guy

The 'Factor stomp boxes are current products and have not been replaced by the H9.

This is shown by the fact that we are still producing software updates for them.

There are different views on the two form factors – some like the knobs, others prefer the smaller unit. I guess it partly depends on how you feel about using a remote control App.

telesynth
        Participant

The remote app and the lack of knobs are going in the wrong direction IMO. Maybe sales are telling you the H9 is the future, in which case I’m happy to be on the wrong side of history. I’m ranting mainly to tell you I support the TF and Space.

nickrose wrote:

Hi old guy

The ‘Factor stomp boxes are current products and have not been replaced by the H9.

This is shown by the fact that we are still producing software updates for them.

There are different views on the two form factors – some like the knobs, others prefer the smaller unit. I guess it partly depends on how you feel about using a remote control App.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Appreciate the rant. Some of the ideas that we are discussing internally would please you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.