Does H9 clip under- and over-voltages to its expression pedal input?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Does H9 clip under- and over-voltages to its expression pedal input?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      autopoiesis

Hi,

Based on my research, it looks like more than one Eventide employee has given assurances that it should be safe to simply patch a 1/8″ mono to 1/4″ mono cable directly to the Space’s expression pedal input, in order to use assorted control voltage sources (e.g., an LFO from a Eurorack modular system), and that a range of -5V to 5V should be safe (although won’t produce changes under 0V and above 3.3V) because the Space is clipping the voltages to a 0V – 3.3V range.

I’m wondering if the same is true for the H9.  Can you safely (1) use just a 1/8″ mono to 1/4″ mono cable, and (2) send voltages above and below the 0-3.3V range?  I would of course attenuate to this 3V range wherever possible, but should I worry about damaging my H9 if when setting up a dense patch I might forget to attenuate the CV or accidentally knock the attenuator knob?

Thanks.

batchas

As you never got an answer from Eventide to your question, I was wondering if you ever tried to send any CV from your Eurorack to the expression input of the H9?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

As long as you are happy that the voltages will be clipped to 0-3.3V you should have no problems. Just don't connect 110V AC to the inputs.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.