Does pre/post = series/parallel ?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Does pre/post = series/parallel ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      makoto
      Participant

Using an xotic stereo blender (or similar) and 2 h9’s, does the new pre /post routing allow me to switch between series or parallel routing? Thoughts?

makoto
      Participant

Split input to first H9 (mono – 1&2) and sum outputs from second H9, set both for pre/post and by selecting input 1or 2 on second H9 this should allow series or parallel processing.
      Yes?
      Eventide folks?

makoto
      Participant

Yes? No?
      Anybody?

skywriter
      Participant

As far as I understand pre/post, the implementation is to put the effect only on one set of channels, the other gets a bypass. Of course, all effects are now mono – whatever that means. This allows you to plug your guitar in to input 1, ouput 1 goes to your amp, effect send goes to input 2, and output 2 goes to effect return. If this is the case, then what you describe would give you a series/parallel – but with mono effects.

What parallel effect(s) are you looking for?

makoto
      Participant

I will connect everything tomorrow and see if this works.
      My main question is on the non-processed channel does signal pass through.

I would like to try parallel patches like delays, mods, harmonized with clean delays, etc…

Thanks for your reply, I will report back.
      Eventide? Care to add to this?

makoto
      Participant

Thank you, that is what I was uncertain about.
      So the answer is yes, you can now switch between series or parallel when running two H9’s as an option to pre / post. Very cool, at least I think so.

skywriter
        Participant

Yeah, once you gave some examples, it made sense. However, it you have a stereo mixer/amplifier on the output, I would pan the outputs L+R rather than straightup. Then you can still take advantage of all the stereo algorithms. I’m not sure if that was your intention all along other than getting two effects in parallel.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.