Does v5.0.1 software have any problem with TimeFactor?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Does v5.0.1 software have any problem with TimeFactor?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      stratboy

Hi! To backup my presets I'm forced to use the new H9 software, that in turns forces me to update timefactor to v5.0.1. Since I can find documentation only until v3, I'd like to know if maybe there are some drawbacks on upgrading my unit. Also, if yes, how could I eventually restore v3 software?

Finaly

gkellum
      Participant

Nobody's forcing anyone to do anything. If you'd prefer to continue to use FactorLib to manage your presets, send an email to support@eventide.com and we'll send you links to the installers. 

If you ever want to install an older release to your TimeFactor, the updating software — the Eventide Direct Updater — allows you to select which release you want to install and it shows the older releases as well.

We're not aware of there being any drawbacks to installing the v5 TimeFactor release, and it has the advantage of having a greatly improved Looper.

stratboy

Ok, thank you! It seems now I have some problem with the expression pedal (roland EV-5): it seems not always correctly changes the programmed parameters, nor it correctly shows the name/values. Also the flashing light indicating the programming mode, flashes when it's at 100% (toe down) but it doesn't when at 0 (heel down).

Possibly depending on v5 software?

gkellum
      Participant

Well, you should try recalibrating your expression pedal.  You can do this either in H9 Control under Pedal Settings or on your TimeFactor itself in system mode.  Basically, you'll want to make your TimeFactor forget its current calibration settings by turning pedal calibration to off and on again.  Then, you'll want to move your expression pedal from heel to toe so that the TimeFactor learns the pedals calibration, and then, you'll want to turn pedal calibration off to lock out any further changes.

The TimeFactor user guide explains how to get to this setting on page 52:  TimeFactor user guide.

stratboy

Mmm, done, but worse than before. But maybe it's the pedal itself: I noticed that values change also by simply moving the pedal cable. Strange to me..

Maybe I'll buy another pedal. On the manual they say it should be between 5 and 20kohms but on the faqs you suggest the ernieball 25K: why? Also do you confirm the m audio ex p would work properly?

thank you

gkellum
      Participant

It sounds like you have a problem either with your cable or your expression pedal.  I just hooked up a Roland EV-5 to a TimeFactor with the latest release installed on it, and after going through the calibration steps I described above, it's working fine.

I didn't realize that on the FAQ it says the expression pedal can be up to 20kohms.  Else where we've said up to 25kohms. I think the Ernie Ball expression pedal was recommended on the FAQ simply because it works and is constructed of sturdy materials that should be able to take a lot of abuse on the road.

The M-Audio pedal you mentioned will also work fine.  (I just hooked one up to the TimeFactor…) It has a switch on the bottom of it that has to be set to the correct position though for it to work; it has to be set to the position labeled "M-Audio".

stratboy

Ok thank you. I'll try another ev-5 in some music shop maybe.
      Just to be precise, the 20kohm thing is on the official manual, both the paper and pdf (more updated) ones.

Regards

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.