Drawing a blank here “Other preset lists containing . . . Would you like to remove . . .”

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Drawing a blank here “Other preset lists containing . . . Would you like to remove . . .”

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      silver_mica
      Participant

Okay, I’m sure this is really simple – but, I’m drawing a blank here.   I’m in the middle of transferring presets between two H9s without deleting anything.   

Day 1:

a) I made a backup of the H9-16394 at the studio

b)  I made a backup of the H9-14183 at home

c) I loaded contents of H9-16394 into the H9-14183 (overwriting all original presets)

Day 2:

a) I made a few changes to the imported stuff at home

Day 3:

a) Made backup of all stuff on my H9-14183 at home which REALLY contains presets for the H9-16394 at studio.  Looks like the backup was fine – but I got this message and for whatever reason I wasn’t getting it – I don’t know what it means.  But, I clicked NO – not to remove existing backups.  

“Other preset lists containing the presets on the device ‘H9-14183′ exist.  Would you like to remove these existing backups of your devices’ presets.”

Maybe it knows I made a previous backup of the H9-14183 (whcih contains all the original stuff in the H9-14183)?    Is that correct? 

-David 

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      silver_mica wrote:

Maybe it knows I made a previous backup of the H9-14183 (which contains all the original stuff in the H9-14183)? Is that correct? 

It's just a naming thing. When there is already a preset list called "H9-14183 Presets" in your H9 Control locally in your computer/mobile device, it will ask you whether you would like to replace it with the one from the H9. If you don't want to see this dialog, just rename the local list to something else like "H9-14183 backup", and then make a new backup again. 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.