Dual mode, mono pre, stereo post question.

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Dual mode, mono pre, stereo post question.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      jlane0710
      Participant

I assume this will work but just want to clarify.  In Dual mode, Path 1 in mono, from guitar / to amp input.

Path 2 mono from amp’s FX loop send and then STEREO output (one goes back to amp’s FX loop return and the other goes to a different amp’s power section input).

This is how I currently use my two H9 Max pedals (one in front and one in the loop, mono in and stereo out).

If so, will the H90 know how the handle the mono -> stereo aspect of the presets based on which path they are on?

Lastly, I assume I would use Input1/Output1 for pre and Input3/Output3/4 for post?

I should be getting my H90 in the next two weeks and thinking about how I will hook it up.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hello jlane0710,

will the H90 know how the handle the mono -> stereo aspect of the presets based on which path they are on?

Yes. The key thing to remember in Dual Routing mode is that anytime I/O 1 and I/O 3 are used by themselves, things will function in mono. When outputs 1&2 and/or 3&4 are connected, the H90 knows to output signal in stereo.

I assume I would use Input1/Output1 for pre and Input3/Output3/4 for post?

In Dual mode, that’s what Eventide recommends but it’s really up to you.

jlane0710
      Participant

One more…

If both presets are in series on path 2 (mono in stereo out), will it convert to stereo at the output of preset A or preset B (I.e. the output of the pedal)?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Converts to stereo after Preset A.

jlane0710
      Participant

Oh, that made me think of another scenario…. If both presets are in series on path 1 (mono in / mono out), Is it a mono signal the whole way or does it process preset A in stereo send it in stereo to Preset B for stereo processing and THEN down mix for output?

So, imagine a Harmonizer algorithm to a delay algorithm….  Does pitch A get Delay A and Pitch B get delay B or do pitch A and Pitch B get down mixed before being sent to the delay?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

If both presets are in series on path 1 (mono in / mono out), Is it a mono signal the whole way or does it process preset A in stereo send it in stereo to Preset B for stereo processing and THEN down mix for output?

It’s mono all the way.

jlane0710
      Participant

Thank you for the quick and helpful responses.

jlane0710
      Participant

One more… If both presets are in series on path 2 (mono in stereo out), will it convert to stereo at the output of preset A or preset B (I.e. the output of the pedal)?

Converts to stereo after Preset A.

I have this setup…  Dual Mode (Pre/Post).  Diatonic -> Shimmer (in series) on Path 2.  Path 2 for me is Mono in (input 3) and Stereo Out (Outputs 3/4).

If Shimmer is Active, I only hear Voice A from the Diatonic (on left and right).  If I bypass Shimmer, Voice A goes to one side and Voice B goes to the other, as expected.

I tried a few other effects in place of Shimmer (Hall and Flanger) and the same thing happened.  It is strange because if it was using a mono signal until the output, I should hear both voices in both sides but it seems like it is doing the Diatonic effect in stereo but not sending Voice B to the Shimmer.

I did update to the latest firmware 1.3.0.75.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

I can reproduce this issue. Interesting. And it only happens in Dual Mode on Path 2. Path 1 and Inset Mode work as intended. We’ll look into this. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.