Dual Mono setting – Timefactor

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Dual Mono setting – Timefactor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      JaapKoopman

So I have this problem.

Since a week i upgradet my board with the MusicomLab EFX-LE audio controller and i am able to play stereo. Unfortunate i am not always able to bring two amps to do so.

I read about the Dual Mono option on the timefactor where it is possible to run the dual delay’s through one output. So i guess that means (though my stombox is plugged in stereo) i am able to have both delay’s when i play mono as well.

My problem. I’ve been studying the manual for an hour allready but i can not find a way to set my stompbox this way. Also, is it possible to connect this setting to a preset ? So when i have to play through one amp i can load a specific preset list into my stompbox and visa versa ?

Thanks in advance 🙂

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It's not a setting as such. If you only plug in a single output (must be OUT 1), the unit will feed a mix of the two effect outputs to it.

It does not do dual mono (in most cases), it's either stereo or mono.

JaapKoopman

Thank you for your response.

The following post in the FAQ had me very confused and in my honest opinion is a incorrect answer if i compare it to yours right now.

Also, is it possible to “fix” this in a update ? If not so it would mean that i have to start pulling out jack cables out of my pedals depending on the gig.

Regards

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – this is the way the pedal works and was designed into the hardware, so would be hard to "fix."

The intention was to give the appropriate signals to match the user's configuration.

It sounds like you could use some kind of switch or mixer to achieve what you want.

The post you mention probably refers to specific algorithms on the TimeFactor, and is not a general description.

bhcarpenter

I have the exact same use case. Is there any chance of a software update that could include a global setting to mix the two delay outputs digitally and then send the mixed signal to both D/A converters? Having that flexibility would be amazing.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.