E-Control in the next time or canceled ??

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins E-Control in the next time or canceled ??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      ramun

Hi Eventide-Developers…..

one time of quarter  on the year since 2008 i looking for the E-Control plugin.

When is comming out this nice tool for my H7600.

Will it be a publication in the next time or was canceled this projekt.

Please give feedback. Other questions to the publication of E-CONTROL was not answered.

Best regards

ramun

rmaxwell

After a lengthy illness, the developer has recently checked in the code on this yet to be finished project.  Our development team will be attempting to assess where we are on this project in the coming weeks.  We hope to have an announcement on the status of this project in September.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused due to the delay on this project.  These delays were due to extenuating circumstances with the developer, and were out of our immediate control.  

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Ray Maxwell

VP Sales and Marketing

Eventide

outblast

Nice to hear it is still coming Yes

alce
      Participant

I'm still waiting for the 'E-Control for my Eclipse, now comes even indicated that "The E-Control plug-in for ProTools is scheduled to be released to a public beta shortly, and will be available for $199 in the third quarter of 2009.  Any registered user who has purchased a new Eclipse, H7600, or H8000FW from September 1, 2007 until the official release of the product, will be entitled to E-Control at no charge." I hope is worth more than promised. Look with confidence. 🙂

Nice to hear, the importance of software control and software programming is very important. And it should had been released the same day h8000fw was released.  

However, I see absolutely no reason why it should be released as RTAS only. VST has way better compatibility and work for ALL users/platforms/Daw's, not only a few percent of "elite" users in big studios.

Also we have in the 5 last years been moving more and more towards smaller home studios…who have a tighter budget…for us to buy a Pro Tools HD system is a stupid choice, especially since their DSP-based technology is outdated, Pro tools only competition force was their dsp power…not the software itself, now their DSP power has been runed over by Native solutions, especially the Core i7. And the whole Pro Tools HD system is cost a lot…and I do not like the idea that we now are forced to buy pro tools just so that we can program the h8000fw from software.

I have heard the argument from Eventide, that "VST" format has limitations in the development environment, in fact I do not buy that argument, there is a lot more complex and demanding VSTs out there,  the E-control is after all only a sending and receiving midi signals. 

I have also heard rumours that the reason why Eventide will never release VST, is because they have a deal with digitech, of course this is only a rumor. 

Personally I would be willing to donate to any programmer who is willing to make a software that make it possible to program the H8000fw, I am sure there thousands of persons out there that would be more then willing to do that also, cause we are desperate for a VST-based software. 

IF Eventide themselves have no will or desire to satisfy their customers, then we have to find a programmer OUTSIDE of eventide who is willing to earn money, and make a small program that will make it possible to program the H8000FW through midi in vst software format. if all could be controlled through midi it would open up endless amount of posibillties, you could control the h8000fw from your synth, or use automation etc… you would be able to integrate the H8000FW with your DAW on an whole NEW level.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We are a small company, with not enough people, trying to do many things. This is why we do not offer everything that everybody (including us) wants. Sorry.

We do not (to my knowledge) have any deals with digitech.

If anybody out there wishes to make a VST (or AU, for that matter) control plugin, we would do our best to help.

It is not necessary to buy a Protools HD system to run RTAS – it will run on Digi's natiive-only LE systems.

Alright, I will look around on forums, and see if there is any willing programmers out there.

Who can make this program become reality. Hopefully It will be reality when I buy in about 6 months.  

I suggest all other people is looking around or ask around on forums, to help Eventide find the right programmer.

alce
      Participant

You know the crowdsourcing? I think it's a good way to get more with less, especially for a 'small business' like you. I am sure that many software developers have an interest in the basic software solutions in creative commons. Try in the form of competition might be an idea offering an 8000. Other companies have followed this path.

jupiter8

I have some questions: I DL:ed the sysex manual for the H8000 but in it it says it's the manual for the H4000. Do they have the same sysex identifier IE 0x70 ? If not could you pleas list the identifier for the H8000?

You say you transmit in 4 bit nibbles but the midi protocol only allows for 7 bits (right? ) so is it simply a 7 bit with 3 bits zeroed and if so which bits ? The first or the last ? And the transmission to the H8000 is just standard 7 bits,or ?

If someone could upload a SYSEXC_SCREEN_DUMP 0x17 for me to look at it would be most useful. The problem is i don't have a H8000 and don't know anyone who has. How big is the screen in pixels ? I know i can see that in the screen dump but until someone upload one it would be useful to know.

Is it possible to communicate with the H8000 via Ethernet or is midi the only/by far the simplest solution ?

Does the EVE/NET controller get it's screen data via midi ? If so,isn't that terribly slow ? I thought of going that route with a plugin but i wonder what response time one has.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

jupiter8:

Do they have the same sysex identifier IE 0x70

They do

jupiter8:

it simply a 7 bit with 3 bits zeroed and if so which bits ? The first or the last ?

It is – the data uses the 4 ls bits. Se the "Sending Key Presses via MIDI" document on the H8000 support page for examples.

The SYSEX_SCREEN_DUMP is for experts only. You should not even consider using it if you don't have an H8000 to get test messages.

jupiter8:

Is it possible to communicate with the H8000 via Ethernet or is midi the only/by far the simplest solution ?

No Ethernet. MIDI is probably best for you as Eve/Net is a proprietary non-standard protocol.

jupiter8:

Does the EVE/NET controller get it's screen data via midi ?

No. It uses Eve/net which runs at up to 1MB/sec

Dwight

jupiter8:

Does the EVE/NET controller get it's screen data via midi ? If so,isn't that terribly slow ? I thought of going that route with a plugin but i wonder what response time one has.

if i recall my eve/net gets it's data from an ethernet connection, made with a cat 5 cable

jupiter8

nickrose:

jupiter8:

Do they have the same sysex identifier IE 0x70

They do

Cool thanks.

Quote:
      jupiter8:

it simply a 7 bit with 3 bits zeroed and if so which bits ? The first or the last ?

It is – the data uses the 4 ls bits. Se the "Sending Key Presses via MIDI" document on the H8000 support page for examples.

I did and it wasn't entirely obvious. Now i know.

Quote:
      The SYSEX_SCREEN_DUMP is for experts only. You should not even consider using it if you don't have an H8000 to get test messages.

Who says i'm not an expert ? 🙂

My plan of attack was simply to make a VST/AU that simulates keypresses and get the screen data from the hardware.If i could do that, the plugin would be done tomorrow. I don't see the harm in getting that data. I request it and it gets sent from the H800,what could possibly go wrong ? It is by far the easiest way to implement the whole deal. I'm not kidding when i say i could do it in a day if that's possible. It's halfdone already,that's the only part i haven't completely figured out yet. I suspect midi could be too slow for that. How big is such a message ?

nickrose:

jupiter8:

No Ethernet. MIDI is probably best for you as Eve/Net is a proprietary non-standard protocol.

jupiter8:

Does the EVE/NET controller get it's screen data via midi ?

No. It uses Eve/net which runs at up to 1MB/sec

Hmm bummer. You say one shouldn't connect it to a regular network since you could possibly destroy stuff. Is that really so ? Going via the RJ45 would be by far the most elegant solution. No chance in getting a peek at that  proprietary non-standard protocol ? 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Looks like cat5 Ethernet, but …. it's not.

DO NOT plug them together.

Spacey

Come on Eventide … help the guy out so he in turn can help us out. I get the feeling Jupiter 8 knows his stuff.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Eve/Net is entirely proprietary. This is not because we are determined to keep it secret, but more the fact that we simply do not have the resources to provide the amount of documentation and support that a third -party developer would require. These things are usually a complex mixture of hardware and software that can only be made available if a large number of people would work with them.

Imagine, for example, if you had the first ever Ethernet system – think how much work it would be to document it to the point that anyone else could develop with it, however expert they were.

The existing MIDI protocols, when driven serially at 115200 baud, give pretty acceptable performance.

outblast

I am not an expert, I just want an easy au/vst librarian-editor for my H8000FW….
      Easily scrolling and freaking with presets without too much hassle would make me so happy..

is it really that hard to realize?

It's not quite as easy as one would think to make a librarian/editor, especially if you don't have the device you're trying to work with!

I'm trying to finish up ERC as quickly as I can.  (I'm aiming for November 19.)  For this first release, it will be a completely standalone product.  That way, you can at least scroll through and select patches remotely.  Once I get some feedback about whether it helps people, then maybe I can turn it into a VST MIDI Effect or an AU plugin.

And to clarify, I do own an H8000 and a GTR4000.  At some point, I hope to get an Eclipse, and maybe even a 2016 too…

outblast

easy/quick scrolling trough patches would be great..

its pretty time consuming now, worthy but time consuming Cool

in some cases its set and forget (when I take the infamous Blackhole for instance), than I dont mind but the moment I want to freak out and quickly see what various FX do and experiment away a patch librarian would be a blessingYes

dereckn

Ray,

Thanks for the update. I hope all is well with your developer. I was wondering if there has been any progress made on a beta release or official release.

Thanks

Dereck

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.