Early DSP4000 and VSIG

Home Forums Products Rackmount Early DSP4000 and VSIG

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hello, 

I have a DSP4000 with the PA-422 ports which I’m trying to use with VSIG 1.53 on a 32-bit Windows XP Virtualbox inside of a 2010 5,1 Mac Pro running High Sierra.

As I understand it, I won’t be able to use the PA-422 ports so I have connected my Mac to the DSP4000’s MIDI in and outs via an M-Audio Midisport Uno interface. When I try running ‘Get Dbase’ from VSIG the DSP4000 shows ‘Sending sigfile dbase out MIDI’ and a number of different ‘Doing…’ and ‘ld number…’ messages. In VSIG I see ‘Block #1’, ‘Block #2’ etc. 

After it completes these VSIG shows ‘Unknown Field Type – Database is corrupted’, and ‘{ YPE_SIGNA  E’. Pressing ‘OK” gives more similar messages and if I click ‘Cancel’ I get ‘Upload Complete – NOT successful’

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get this working as I’ve heard that doing this with a virtual machine in OSX is possible. I’d really love to be able to use VSIG with this if possible. 

Many thanks!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sound like you are losing characters. Check the midi device web site – there is usually a better driver.

Using the windows driver can lead to buffer overflow with big data like this

Thanks for the quick reply. I’ve made sure the M-Audio driver is installed and it’s still happening. Is there anything else to try? I could try and get hold of an old PC if necessary but others seem to be able to do it with a virtual PC running in OSX so I thought I’d keep trying for a bit. Thanks!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Later software had a sysex speed parameter to slow things down. Don't know when it came in, but look on the midi menus. Otherwise, try a different computer. Look on the Eventide Web site to see if you can find a suitable database.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.