Effect Used in Bloc Party’s Helicopter?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Effect Used in Bloc Party’s Helicopter?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      silver_mica
      Participant

I’m considering creating an effect with my H9 to get close to the sound of the song Helicopter toward the end – at 2:52.   Not the fast picking single note, B – but the quarter notes B, D, F#, B, A, B, G, F#.   The beat is pretty fast, like 170 bpm or something.  Also, I’m not really sure if those were harmonics (kind of sounds like it now that I’m listening again) – but, the last time I played this I just played out what I thought the actual notes were –  sort of a Bm arpeggio with a couple of passing notes.   The YouTube video link is cue’d up to 2:52 – where the effect emerges. 

https://youtu.be/2R6S5CJWlco?t=172

Anyway, what effect do you suppose is used at that point?   

Bodde
      Participant
      silver_mica wrote:

I’m considering creating an effect with my H9 to get close to the sound of the song Helicopter toward the end – at 2:52.   Not the fast picking single note, B – but the quarter notes B, D, F#, B, A, B, G, F#.   The beat is pretty fast, like 170 bpm or something.  Also, I’m not really sure if those were harmonics (kind of sounds like it now that I’m listening again) – but, the last time I played this I just played out what I thought the actual notes were –  sort of a Bm arpeggio with a couple of passing notes.   The YouTube video link is cue’d up to 2:52 – where the effect emerges. 

https://youtu.be/2R6S5CJWlco?t=172

Anyway, what effect do you suppose is used at that point?   

Cool song and nice guitar parts!
      I think it a crunch sound with delay and reverb. The fast part before that uses some 16th note delay I think.

Bodde
      Participant

And yes. I am pretty sure those are all natural harmonics.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.