EHX next step effects expression pedal and Pitchfactor?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes EHX next step effects expression pedal and Pitchfactor?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Bob_B

I recently bought (used) an ehx next step expression pedal to use with my pitchfactor. (This is a solid-state pedal that uses an accelerometer –I guess — not a pot.) Anyway, when connected to the pitchfactor, the ehx pedal appears to be controlling all sorts of controls, not just one. For example, if bank 1:1 (storyteller) is set, the expression pedal should control +3rd feedback, but instead as I sweep from toe to heel, all sorts of changes are displayed on pitchfactors display. And, when returned to the toe position, pitchfactor does not return to the original setting. I updated pitchfactor to the latest beta code, restored factory presets, and removed all pedal assignments, but I’m still getting weird results from this pedal.

Has anyone successfully used this ehx pedal with pitchfactor? If yes, any help would be appreciated. (Yes, I know the pitchfactor manual recommends a ‘simple’ potentiometer expression pedal. I don’t have one immediately available, but will buy one if need be.)

Thanks for your help.

Bob_B

Bob_B

I tried a variety of changes, but couldn’t get that EHX expression pedal to do anything reasonable with pitchfactor. So, I bought an Ernie Ball 6181, as it seems to be the preferred pedal. It works flawlessly. Case closed. (Anyone want to buy a used EHX expression pedal? 😉

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.