encoder / tap switch behavior

Home Forums Products Stompboxes encoder / tap switch behavior

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      teddybutter
      Participant

Hi,

I encountered some ineffective behavior with the encoder and tap switches… having trouble going into system mode by pressing both, then inside system mode having trouble with the encoder button push not registering.

is this a hardware or software issue?

Teddy

teddybutter
      Participant

also… I am using an AUX switch in ALT mode with the new beta software. When I use the bank up function from the aux sometimes it decides to be a tap switch. strange….

beta 2.0 firmware, Digitech FS3XV

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It sounds as if you have multiple features assigned to the AUX switch, with both FS3 (ALT mode switch 3) and BK+ (bank up) assigned to the same switch.

If you are in bank mode and you press this switch, you will get both the PLAY mode function (tempo/delay) as well as the bank up. Both will work, but the result may be confusing.

The solution is to go back to system mode and make sure that you only have one function set to each AUX switch.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

There is a bug in 2.0 beta where the encoder switch has to be pressed twice to enter AUX switch programming mode. This will be fixed in the forthcoming next beta release.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.