Enveloppe Attack & Decay for Pitchfactor/Modfactor

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Enveloppe Attack & Decay for Pitchfactor/Modfactor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      dafonk
      Participant

Hi,

Is there a way to chnage the attack time when the shape is set to enveloppe ?

The attack time is way to slow. Maybe in a futur update ?

Imerkat
      Participant

i believe PF doesn't have an envelope follower. You need to adjust the sensitivity knob to higher settings for faster reaction

dafonk
      Participant

The settings is 10 (max) and the attack is too slow

Imerkat
      Participant

Well to be honest i sold the Modfactor for it's deficiencies;

the ADSR is not true to its name. can't adjust those perameters?

Ramp down LFO but no ramp up?

Speed- limited range both ways

Second row of knobs, again limited range.

denoiser
      Participant

At first, ADSR didn't make much sense to me due to the fixed time segments. But after giving it a try I must admit there's no much to do here. If a chord takes, let's say, 10s to decay and you want to go across all the ADSR segments it makes sense to me to have a fixed time for all of them at 2.5s. Otherwise, you would not be able to listen the ADSR.

Being said this, ADSR is not very useful but still usable in most cases.

But I agree on the ramp up addition. In fact, what I really miss is being able to invert the modulation signal. For instance, there's not a chance of using the Envelope to have an increassing frequency filter sweep.

Would it be possible to dial negative values with the Depth know?

And just a final note, if you let me. It's not a perfect machine but none of the hardware I have is. I thought in sending it back to he shop but I realize the tremolo, rotary, vibrato, undulator and ring mod are good enough to keep it.

Imerkat
      Participant

It felt like a more stable/predictable version of the Envelope but it's more like "pick your posion" between those two lol

that's what i thought i could achive with ther second row. being able to invert, change the slop into a custom LFO. Instead it's more like "glitch sampling" for a more organic emotion (cool but not what i was looking for).

Perfection is a wild horse to tame; I like to read the manual before any purchase and it said it had ASDR. Knowing Eventide, i thought i would have wide range of control over those parameters

I think the Modfactor is the most genre specific out of them. just my thoughts on the unit.

madeski
      Participant

I would like to see a little more control over the envelope and ASDR in future updates. What I was thinking might be possible is that the bottom row of knobs could control attack, speed and stuff like that when set to ASDR or envelope. I don't think the secondary knobs do can really do much to effect things in these modes so having them able to tweak the envelopes would probably be more useful, especially in conjunction with the filters.

Can anyone give an example of some settings where the secondary knobs have a noticeable effect on the ASDR or envelope? I can't really think of a scenario where it's useful.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.