EQuivocate loading error

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins EQuivocate loading error

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Marana
      Participant

I’m having problems getting the plugin to show/load in Cubase 7. (Win7 SP1)

I have the license activated on an iLok dongle (offline computer) and the plugin installed, but when I open cubase, I get a quick error message on bottom right of the screen saying;”Newfangled EQuivocate.vst3 Can’t load protection component, OS error 0x7e.”

After Cubase loads, EQuivocate is not in the plugins list.

So, how can that be fixed?

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff
      Marana wrote:

I'm having problems getting the plugin to show/load in Cubase 7. (Win7 SP1)

I have the license activated on an iLok dongle (offline computer) and the plugin installed, but when I open cubase, I get a quick error message on bottom right of the screen saying;"Newfangled EQuivocate.vst3 Can't load protection component, OS error 0x7e."

Hi Marana,

Have you installed the latest version of the iLok license manager?  It can be found here http://www.ilok.com 

If that doesn't fix your problem, can you contact support@eventide.com with your iLok account name and I'll take a look at your account?

Thank You,

Dan

Marana
        Participant
        DGillespie wrote:

Marana wrote:

I have the license activated on an iLok dongle (offline computer) and the plugin installed, but when I open cubase, I get a quick error message on bottom right of the screen saying;”Newfangled EQuivocate.vst3 Can’t load protection component, OS error 0x7e.”

Hi Marana,

Have you installed the latest version of the iLok license manager?  It can be found here http://www.ilok.com 

If that doesn’t fix your problem, can you contact support@eventide.com with your iLok account name and I’ll take a look at your account?

Thank You,

Dan

Hi!

Actually I already did contact the support little after posting here.

I have the latest iLok License Manager on this comp, with what I moved the license on to the iLok dongle.

The version on my studio comp is most likely older. But I’m not using it online, so there’s no licenses on that computer, just on the dongle.

And as I already replied to Jerome in support, I have the same issue with the latest version of Ultra Channel. But the old version (v2.1.4) I had and have now installed, works. And all other plugins I have on the dongle work too.

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff

Hey-

We got your support ticket, and have reached out to PACE (manufacturers of iLok) about this issue. Will report back shortly.

-Tom

DGillespie
        Eventide Staff
        Marana wrote:

DGillespie wrote:

Marana wrote:

I'm having problems getting the plugin to show/load in Cubase 7. (Win7 SP1)

I have the license activated on an iLok dongle (offline computer) and the plugin installed, but when I open cubase, I get a quick error message on bottom right of the screen saying;"Newfangled EQuivocate.vst3 Can't load protection component, OS error 0x7e."

Hi Marana,

If that doesn't fix your problem, can you contact support@eventide.com with your iLok account name and I'll take a look at your account?

Thank You,

Dan

Hi!

I have the latest iLok License Manager on this comp, with what I moved the license on to the iLok dongle.

The version on my studio comp is most likely older. But I'm not using it online, so there's no licenses on that computer, just on the dongle.

And as I already replied to Jerome in support, I have the same issue with the latest version of Ultra Channel. But the old version (v2.1.4) I had and have now installed, works. And all other plugins I have on the dongle work too.

Hi Marana,

Can you confirm that you're using EQuivocate version 1.0.7?  The easiest way to check is to just re-install using the latest installer and see if you still have the problem.

Thanks,

Dan

Marana
        Participant
        DGillespie wrote:

Marana wrote:

DGillespie wrote:

Marana wrote:

Hi Marana,

If that doesn’t fix your problem, can you contact support@eventide.com with your iLok account name and I’ll take a look at your account?

Thank You,

Dan

Hi!

The version on my studio comp is most likely older. But I’m not using it online, so there’s no licenses on that computer, just on the dongle.

Hi Marana,

Can you confirm that you’re using EQuivocate version 1.0.7?  The easiest way to check is to just re-install using the latest installer and see if you still have the problem.

Thanks,

Dan

Yes. Version 1.0.7, the latest available at that time.

Marana
        Participant
        DGillespie wrote:

Marana wrote:

DGillespie wrote:

Marana wrote:

Hi Marana,

Thank You,

Dan

Hi!

Hi Marana,

Can you confirm that you’re using EQuivocate version 1.0.7?  The easiest way to check is to just re-install using the latest installer and see if you still have the problem.

Thanks,

Dan

Yes. Version 1.0.7, the latest available at that time.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Please try the following:

-If you have any other plugins that use iLok, please update them to the most recent version.

-Try running Cubase in compatibility mode: Right click the Cubase executable, and Select "Properties". Then select the "Compatibility" tab, check "Run this program in compatibility mode for", and then choose "Windows 7".

Marana
        Participant
        tlongabaugh wrote:

Please try the following:

-If you have any other plugins that use iLok, please update them to the most recent version.

-Try running Cubase in compatibility mode: Right click the Cubase executable, and Select “Properties”. Then select the “Compatibility” tab, check “Run this program in compatibility mode for”, and then choose “Windows 7”.

I managed to isolate the problem. After installing the latest version of UVI Workstation, it gave me the same error, but also stating, that I was missing a certain .dll file.

After googling the .dll, it pointed me to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable. So I downloaded it and installed to the studio comp and now both latest versions of EQuivocate and UltraChannel are working.

But somehow, the default install folders (in C:Program FilesCommon Files) of the plugins won’t work for me, even though I have them enabled in Cubase. The plugin has to be in C:Program FilesSteinbergCubase 7VSTPlugins. (or C:Program FilesSteinbergCubase 7VST3, for VST3 plugins)

But anyways, my issue is now solved. You should add a note, that Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable is required for the plugins to work in Win 7. (with the iLok dongle at least)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.