Erratic Midi Behavior with 2 H9’s and a Timeline

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Erratic Midi Behavior with 2 H9’s and a Timeline

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ytolyccuz

Hi,

I’d like to ask for your help and advice on how I could resolve an issue with my setup:

My connection is as follows:

Musicomlab -> midi channel 1: H9 Core -> midi Channel 2: H9 Max -> Midi Channel 3: Strymon Timeline.

Issue 1:

I have setup the musicomlab to send a midi CC to bypass each device. However, the strymon responds erratically to the bypass signal with the three devices connected together. When I tried to connect the Timeline directly to the H9 Core (thus removing the H9 Max in the chain), the Timeline works normally.

Issue 2:

With the 3 devices connected, patches that have the H9 Max Bypassed, when switched to a patch with an Activated H9 Max, there is no sound coming out of the H9 max despite the presence of a signal as indicated by the green indicator on the H9 Max. For patches that have an Activated H9 Max, when switching to another patch with the H9 Max also enabled, it works normally. 

Here is my power supply:

Voodoo Lab 4×4

9V @ 400 Ma connected to an H9,

12V @ 400 Ma connected to another H9, 

timeline connected at 9V @ 400Ma

Musicomlab connected at 12V @ 400 Ma.

I tried connecting one of the original power adapters to the H9 but the behaviour is still the same when all 3 devices connected.

I really hope someone could help me out. Really appreciate all your help.

Regards,

Ian 

jarvis1227

Just making sure you’re not using the 9v and 12V jacks that are right next to each other on the 4×4? you have to pick one. from the manual: Note: The 9V and 12V outputs within a pair are not isolated from each other (their negative terminals are common). It is preferred to use only one from each pair. If using both, combined output should not exceed 400mA. 

i seems to me you might need more power for 2-H9s, a timeline and your switcher.  

also, i found that sometimes on midi devices using the midi thru option is not optimal. sometimes the signal info can get messed up. i was having weird midi things happen using my Boss ES-8 switcher with 4 midi devices daisy chained. i just recently started using a midi soultions quadra thru. all good now.  but i would start with your power first and see if your issues go away. hope this helps. 

Ytolyccuz
        jarvis1227 wrote:

Just making sure you’re not using the 9v and 12V jacks that are right next to each other on the 4×4? you have to pick one. from the manual: Note: The 9V and 12V outputs within a pair are not isolated from each other (their negative terminals are common). It is preferred to use only one from each pair. If using both, combined output should not exceed 400mA. 

Hi Jarvis,

Thanks for the reminder. I’m pretty sure that I’m using the 12V on its own. I assume that the pair you’re talking about are the 9V and 12V @ 400 Ma and another 9V and 12V @ 400 Ma. I also tried using the included power supply for the H9 and the result is still the same.

I tried switching the midi connections from:

Musicomlab -> H9 Core -> H9 Max -> Timeline

to:

Musicomlab -> H9 Core -> Timeline -> H9 Max

…and this seems to have solved the problem.

I will go with your suggestion and use a quad thru. I think it does make sense to have the midi signal sent parallel. Thanks!

Regards,

Ytolyccuz

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.