Error to update timefactor

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Error to update timefactor

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      celso002
      Participant

I’m trying to update my timefactor but always have an issue, i’m trying using the Eventide Device Updater. Someone can send me the file to update the timefactor manually?

PRSGUY513
      Participant

Hello, I’m going to reply to this post of your many posts about this issue. Not sure why no one has gotten with you, but could be due to the holiday. But it’s really best practice to only post one thread involving the same issue. The main thing is to post all pertinent information that involves these firmware updates. These would be, but not limited to:

• What device you are using to update and the OS of that device
      • Is the OS up to date with all patches and updates
      • Have all unnecessary programs closed and any unnecessary background processes stopped (especially anti-virus and firewall)
      • Have you read the manual and understand the process (page 59)
      • Have you tried a full factory system reset (page 59)
      • Make sure you have a quality working USB cable that isn’t over 6ft. And don’t use a hub (This is often the problem)
      • Follow the update procedure exactly
      • Contact Support directly (because you may have a bum EEPROM)

Also, why can’t you get the update file from the website?

celso002
      Participant

Hello! I’m sorry about my many posts, I was desperate. So, I’m really sorry!

But yes, I follow the manual to do the upgrade. My timefactor looks like is out of system. I started the update, fail in the middle and after this, my pedal just stay in update mode when I turn it up.

– Device is a windows 10 and it’s up to date with all patches and update

– Yes, I stopped the firewall and I dont have anti-virus

– About the manual and procedure: I follow exactly what It’s in the manual and I try a factory system reset.

– About my cable, I dont know, I just buy some USB cable. And I’m not using a hub.

– I sent an email to support, but i from Brazil. You told that yesterday was a holiday. Here in brazil was not a holiday, maybe its because  of that the support doesnt reply yet.

I dont know where in website I can take the update file. Can you help-me with the file?

PRSGUY513
      Participant

No problems with the multiple posts. So you’re saying that that when doing the Factory System Reset the Time Factor it remains the same? Yes, in the U.S. Thursday was a major National holiday. However, many business will take off until Monday. So it may take a few days to get a response. I’m sorry to read of your problems. I’m sure it is frustrating.

celso002
      Participant

Yes, when i do the procedure to factory system reset the time factor remains the same.. Today i tried to update the time factor in a Mac.. Occurs the same error.. So I really dont know what to do..

I want the file update to update from a file, maybe this way can be ok..

Do you have the update file? or do you know where/what directory in the website that i can take this file?

PRSGUY513
      Participant

Here’s the link to the downloads page. What should happen is the actually file should download locally on your computer and then do a checksum of some sort to make sure it is not corrupted and then do the update from that. In full disclosure I don’t own a Time Factor, but have other Eventide gear that uses the same process. The fact that the Factory reset doesn’t work shows that either the Eventide pedals don’t have an actual separate “safe mode” boot up ROM memory and what happened with you is what is always a possibility and dreaded when doing Firmware updates. It seems like your EEPROM has been corrupted or plain broken beyond user repair. Maybe Eventide has a special way to communicate with the pedal and can get it to except the update or diagnose in another way. I know you said you need it for the weekend, but I’m sure support will get with you shortly. Also check your junk mail for return emails. I know my very popular ISP is always putting important things in my junk folder while letting actual spam make it to my inbox

https://www.eventideaudio.com/downloads/?product=TimeFactor

celso002
      Participant

Oh no, this downloads I can do.. What happen in my timefactor is that when I use the Software “Eventide Direct Updater”, the update crash in the middle with this message that I put in the printscreen. I will put here two screenshot.. One of those is the “Installed version” i have no installed version.

When i tried to update for the first time, the update crashed in the middle, so i think that my Time Factor is without system, got it? Have no firmware on it.

I sent email to the support on wednesday, i really hope that they reply as soon as possible. I’m afraid that i lost my pedal.. Here on Brazil this pedal cost 2.000 BRL.. Its a little expensive.

celso002
      Participant

Forgot the screenshots! Sorry errorinstalled version

PRSGUY513
      Participant

Oh no, this downloads I can do.. What happen in my timefactor is that when I use the Software “Eventide Direct Updater”, the update crash in the middle with this message that I put in the printscreen. I will put here two screenshot.. One of those is the “Installed version” i have no installed version. When i tried to update for the first time, the update crashed in the middle, so i think that my Time Factor is without system, got it? Have no firmware on it. I sent email to the support on wednesday, i really hope that they reply as soon as possible. I’m afraid that i lost my pedal.. Here on Brazil this pedal cost 2.000 BRL.. It’s a little expensive.

Yes, I understand the problem. I just posted the link to show what’s available. Yeah, the firmware failed in the middle (or beginning in your case). One of the issues with EEPROM’s is if they have such a small amount of ROM they are erased to fit the new firmware. If the flash fails the device is more or less “bricked”…”boat anchor” and if the the failure was due to the EEPROM becoming damaged in someway the only solution is a new EEPROM with proper firmware loaded on it. These devices are getting to be rather old and flash rom was much more expensive when they were first designed. Many newer devices that rely on some sort of operating system to boot up and function have a basic firmware ROM that lets you always get into the system to start from scratch. Sometimes there’s just a communication error or corrupted file that will cause a failure, but can be resolved. I have a device from another manufacturer that puts out a downloadable file and then there’s a separate utility to update. I don’t know why there is no separate file available. However, your main problem is you can’t get past go to even try and force the update. I hope someone from support gets back soon.

Did you check your junk/spam folder?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.