EvenMidi Pitchy – Transform your H9 into a Whammy and more

Home Forums Products Stompboxes EvenMidi Pitchy – Transform your H9 into a Whammy and more

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Poppy
      Participant

Hello H9 friends, here is my new project: The EvenMidi Pitchy.

It’s a Midi controller for Eventide H9/Pitchfactor and Digitech Whammy 4/5/DT & BASS.

Whammy + Sequencer

Hope you like it. http://www.evenmidi.com for more info:).

Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHnjV4mG26w

camn
      Participant

Franck- this looks pretty cool.

I have a question. What happens to the H9 when you DISengage the pitchy?

I assumy pressing the button sends a PC message to call preset #WHATEVER… but what happens when you turn it off?

Poppy
        Participant
        camn wrote:

Franck- this looks pretty cool.

I have a question. What happens to the H9 when you DISengage the pitchy?

I assumy pressing the button sends a PC message to call preset #WHATEVER… but what happens when you turn it off?

Thanks. Pitchy sends another PC message to H9 : PC125 is bypass by default for H9. PC126 is Active.

camn
      Participant

I understand.

I was HOPING you came up with some clever way to make it return to whatever preset it was on before…..Cuz that would be the ultimate. But it is like the relative-rotary problem, I guess.

Maybe with the Midi XML Map it could be done… hm. 

Poppy
        Participant
        camn wrote:

I understand.

I was HOPING you came up with some clever way to make it return to whatever preset it was on before…..Cuz that would be the ultimate. But it is like the relative-rotary problem, I guess.

Maybe with the Midi XML Map it could be done… hm. 

For the way you want it works, Pitchy needs a MIDI IN : if a PC is detected on the same pitchy channel, Pitchy is “bypassed” and new PC is transmitted. 

camn
      Participant

Yeah.. its an ongoing riddle. But I think maybe I have an idea for the answer. Not for this pedal.. but maybe the future.

1st- obviously bilateral midi communication is key. 

2- The Midi XML map from the H9. By default, it sends a message whenever a preset is chosen.. via direct call OR increment, yes? So that info could be a de-facto broadcast of what preset the H9 is on. Now let us suppose the Controller could remember that preset. Call it PreviousPreset.

3. So obviously any dedicated controller like the Pitchy would want to ACTIVATE PITCHFLEX when engaged.. but then when disengaged.. what if it could ACTIVATE (PreviousPreset), as informed by the last known signal from XML map?

Hm. I gotta think about this. 

Because this is HALF of the biggest problem with MIDI control of the H9. THe controller just doesnt know anything about the state of the H9. The XML map can inform the preset-dentity, at leats.. though noth the parameter-positions.  Then an external controller could call a preset.. and return the H9 to it’s previous state when disengaged.

Bilateral MIDI comm could be done via a single Jack like how Disaster manages thier port.

Hm..

Just thinking out loud here… gotta process it in my brain.

Poppy
        Participant
        camn wrote:

Yeah.. its an ongoing riddle. But I think maybe I have an idea for the answer. Not for this pedal.. but maybe the future.

1st- obviously bilateral midi communication is key. 

2- The Midi XML map from the H9. By default, it sends a message whenever a preset is chosen.. via direct call OR increment, yes? So that info could be a de-facto broadcast of what preset the H9 is on. Now let us suppose the Controller could remember that preset. Call it PreviousPreset.

3. So obviously any dedicated controller like the Pitchy would want to ACTIVATE PITCHFLEX when engaged.. but then when disengaged.. what if it could ACTIVATE (PreviousPreset), as informed by the last known signal from XML map?

Hm. I gotta think about this. 

Because this is HALF of the biggest problem with MIDI control of the H9. THe controller just doesnt know anything about the state of the H9. The XML map can inform the preset-dentity, at leats.. though noth the parameter-positions.  Then an external controller could call a preset.. and return the H9 to it’s previous state when disengaged.

Bilateral MIDI comm could be done via a single Jack like how Disaster manages thier port.

Hm..

Just thinking out loud here… gotta process it in my brain.

I think that it can be cool if H9 can be set as Catchup (Timefactor can do that). but that’s not the good topic to talk about that :).

Miky_V
      Participant

For me, the greatest thing about pitchy is that It solved the “zipper” sound problem that happens when using expression pedal with pitchflex algo.

I have never been able to use it for that reason, and now maybe I will.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.