Eventide Delay A not working

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Eventide Delay A not working

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      walkreed

Hey everyone.
       I have having some trouble with my Timefactor. My delay A is not working. So if the Delay Mix knob is set to "A=10, B=0" I get no sound. If it is set to "A=0, B=10" it works fine, but only does the delay B. Help?

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi walkreed,

What software version are you running and what are the settings of the other knobs?  Does it always not work, or is this a specific situation?  Has it always not worked, or is this a new occurence?

-Russ

walkreed

I'm using the version 2 software. It has been working fine…just started doing this, but now it does it on all the presets that have any Dly A value. The other knobs are set at different values based on the preset..i'll give you specifics in you need them. Thanks!

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Should have asked this before, but what is your setup? Mono/stereo? which cables are plugged in? expression pedal? aux switch? etc. 

walkreed

I am using it in stereo. Actually I just recently started doing that, not too long before I had the issue. But it did work for awhile. So I have one input in the jack labeled mono, and then I am using both the outputs. I also have an aux switch plugged in that I have set to toggle between bank/preset mode. Thanks

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Ok, I suspect it's probably a bad cable or something in your setup, but first things first, let's rule ou the timefactor. 

First, do the simplest setup possible.  Using cables you have verified are working, set the unit up for mono directly in front of your amp/mixer/whatever, guitar in the mono input, out of the mono output.  Does this simple setup have Delay A?  and Delay B?

If it does, plug a cable into out2 but not into anything.  Does Out1 still have Delay A and Delay A only?  Now unplug the input to the amp from Out1 and plug in Out 2 into the amp.  Do you only hear Delay B? 

If the answer is yes to all of these quesitons, the timefactor is fine and there is something wrong outside of it.   

walkreed

I tried what you suggested and everything worked fine. So you are right, it must be something with the cables I am running out of that output.

I probably could have identified this myself, but I did not realize that when you were using the stereo outputs it only send Dly A out one and only Dly B out the other.

So that solves that problem! Thank you very much for your help. I was afraid I was going to have to mail it in.

One other question if you don't mind…Is there any way to power down the unit other than just unplugging it?

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

You're welcome! 

As per your other question: no, there is no other way to power it down, besides cutting off the power somehow, either by unplugging it or turning off a power strip that it is plugged into.  

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Further to Mr. W's comments, its best to turn it off by unplugging the power supply or otherwise disconnecting its AC line.

Unplugging the power input plug on a regular basis will reduce the life of the connector, create power surges that may not help the unit, and will cut the time it has for its (automatic) shutdown procedure.

walkreed

So you're saying its best to unplug the unit from the outlet instead of at the unit?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Indeed – not crucial, just a better thing.

mihkelis

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue with my Timefactor. 

I tried everything you suggested and my results are different:

When I connect GTR in the mono input, ouit of the mono output I have Delay A and Delay B…that's normal.

When I plug a cable into OUT 2 and not into anything I still have Delay A and Delay B if both are ON.

If I plug the input to the amp on OUT 2, I can still hear the same as the previous tests. NOT only Delay B.

What should I do? I'm running V3.0. 

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.