Eventide H9 Mix knob behavior

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Eventide H9 Mix knob behavior

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      kk66

I was discussing with a friend about how the MIX Knob on H9 works and as we have different

theories would you at Eventide please clarify which of the 2 above statements is correct?

1)  Increasing the MIX value from 0 (full Dry) the Wet signal appears while the Dry singal is 

progressively reduced  up to 100% (full Wet).

2) Increasing the MIX value from 0% (full Dry) the wet signal appears while the Dry signal

remains untouched up to 50% Mix.  From 50% to 100% the Wet signal remain untouched

while the Dry signal is progressively reduced up to zero (full Wet).

Thanks for helping me to gain a pizza and a beer for free!   : )

kk66

Anyone can clarify this? thanks again.

kk66
        kk66 wrote:
        Anyone can clarify this? thanks again.

UP

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff
      Hi KK66,

For most algorithms in H9 what you describe in #2 is what we do.  We tried a couple different implementations, but found that in practice people didn't want their dry sound to fade when they brought the effect in.  I'm certain that in some places in H9 we're using a different mix law, but for the most part, we're using what you describe in #2.

Thanks,

Dan

kk66
        DGillespie wrote:

Hi KK66,

For most algorithms in H9 what you describe in #2 is what we do.  We tried a couple different implementations, but found that in practice people didn’t want their dry sound to fade when they brought the effect in.  I’m certain that in some places in H9 we’re using a different mix law, but for the most part, we’re using what you describe in #2.

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks!

It’s not enough for me to win a pizza but a free beer is guaranted! 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.