Eventide H9 organizing presets and effects names

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Eventide H9 organizing presets and effects names

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Just wonder what is the way to organize names of yours H9 presets if you have few in song , do you guys name them as a song name and effect or as a certain effect name , im trying to figure it out simplest way since H9 has no Banks , with lot of songs you can easily forget which are assigned to a song and which are not used at all , using RJM MMGT16 and two H9s ,

i know i can organize my MMGT banks by using the song titles as bank names , H9 current effect name should be displayed on limited ( 6 letters) h9 display for practice or live performance to recognize current effect , but for composing or studio when you using app ( Android Phone ) for controlling H9s it is easy to accidental overwrite some H9 presets that you using for already completed songs , please see attached picture of my idea , maybe this can be easly done in future updates  , Thanks

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      BalonAutofobia wrote:

Just wonder what is the way to organize names of yours H9 presets if you have few in song , do you guys name them as a song name and effect or as a certain effect name

You may name your preset to S1P1, S1P2, S2P1, etc. These names will show on H9's display. If you want to know what algorithm it is, you may preset the PRESETS button twice to show that.

Bodde
      Participant

You can name it whatever you want. Just find a way that works best for you and is logical in a live situation.

What I find annoying in the H9 display that when changing presets you only see the beginning of the preset name first and then after a few seconds it strats scrolling. You have to take that in account when naming the preset. So start the name with something recognizable. Don’t put that at the end of the preset name. It would be more practical if we saw the whole preset name at once.

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        Bodde wrote:

It would be more practical if we saw the whole preset name at once.

But, we don't have enough characters !

There are, of course, many ways to remove the fur from the moggy. We pause before scrolling, cos it would be very annoying if you started scrolling through the preset names and they started jumping around. Others might enjoy the excitement.

Good advice to make the first few characters something recognizable.

Best way will be to name them for example  : Reverb S1P2 , Delay S3P5 , Shimmer S3P7 , Pitch S12P1 etc…. So display will show current effect

thanks

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.