Eventide H90 Kill Dry question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Eventide H90 Kill Dry question

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Baccetti
      Participant

I’m trying out the routing idea presented by Leon Todd on his YouTube channel, which is to set the mix of the first effect to 100%, the same for the second one, and then control the overall mix with the main mix. I’m wondering what role the ‘kill dry’ function plays here, as we have the ‘kill dry’ function for each algorithm individually, and then there’s also the global ‘kill dry.’ Is there any explanation somewhere on which one to use in this situation? I’m running the Vintage Delay series into Micropitch. Thank you, Baccetti.

brockstar
      Participant

Kill Dry

“This is the global kill dry setting that all Programs and presets will subscribe to. If a Program or Preset’s kill dry setting is set to Global, it will reflect this setting of on or off.”

Basically if global kill dry is on, every preset / program will have it on, but if it’s off and you want some presets / programs to have it and others to not have it then use the kill dry function per program.

Baccetti
      Participant

Brockstar, thank you for your response. I’m curious about the philosophy behind having, for example, the first algorithm with ‘Kill Dry’ set to ON and the second algorithm with ‘Kill Dry’ set to OFF. It seems like I’m not quite grasping the function of the ‘Kill Dry’ option itself. I hope my question makes sense? Thank you, B.

brockstar
        Participant

Say you have a delay with kill dry off going into a reverb with kill dry on

The kill dry off on your delay will still have some of your normal signal blended in with the delay effect, but with the reverb dry kill on, no normal signal will pass through and it’ll just be the effect of the reverb

If that makes sense, it is morning and I just woke up so my brain may not be working correctly lol :]

Baccetti
      Participant

Yes, that makes sense. Thank you đŸ™‚

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.